cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANCELLATION IN COOLING OFF PERIOD, BUT CHARGED £45

coralann33
Joining in

i ORDERED BROADBAND OVER THE PHONE AND RECIEVED THE BOX BUT WAS UNABLE TO CONNECT IN MY HOME. i CANCELLED IN THE TIME ALLOTTED AND RETURNED THE EQUIPMENT. NOW i HAVE A DEBT COLLECTOR DEMANDING £45 AND NO WRITTEN STATEMENT OF WHAT THIS CHARGE IS FOR. IS THIS LAWFUL.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

VM often do whatever they please regardless of law or protocol. It appears that they believe that they didn't get the kit back. Have you got receipts/evidence of posting? I'd raise a formal complaint with VM, ensure your credit record is corrected by them and seek advice from Citizens Advice on the alleged debt. Also switch off caps lock 👍

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

VM often do whatever they please regardless of law or protocol. It appears that they believe that they didn't get the kit back. Have you got receipts/evidence of posting? I'd raise a formal complaint with VM, ensure your credit record is corrected by them and seek advice from Citizens Advice on the alleged debt. Also switch off caps lock 👍

coralann33
Joining in
thank you, I did return equipment and received confirmation. as a pensioner i do not want to pay for something they are calling a debt when i do not know what it is for and have no invoice. i just want people to be aware that virgin will still charge for nothing.

Hi @coralann33 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

I am sorry you have a dispute over the debt. 

I will send you a PM now to assist further

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill