cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CANCEL MY BRAND NEW ACCOUNT ASAP

cushtyvm
On our wavelength

2 days after signing up for a Virgin Media M2 package I want to cancel it because of exceedingly poor customer service that I have endured already! 

Right now I've spent the first 1 hour and 24 minutes of my day attempting to speak with someone to assist me with this but am just kept on hold...and twice thus far disconnected from the call itself.

The last email I received from ResolutionsTeam@virginmedia.co.uk indicated that they could not cancel my account / planned installation and that I must speak with someone. 

Please can someone here from Virgin Media Customer support assist me ASAP ? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

@cushtyvm If as it sounds like you are, you are adamant that you no longer wish to be a VM customer, then what I would suggest is that you call them up at just past 8am tomorrow morning and follow the ‘thinking of leaving us’ options on the IVR, as this will give the best chance of getting through to a UK based person. They may well try to get you to reconsider and generally do have more leeway than the normal customer services to get things sorted out, entirely up to you if you take the, up on it.

As you have noticed, VM’s customer support model (especially the offshore call centres) is fundamentally broken and riddled with incompetence, sometimes outright lies, and complete inability to solve any issue even slightly more complex than ‘turn it off and on again’!

Except for the forum team here, who, within the constraints of what can be done with VM’s Byzantine operational setup, do have a very good record of sorting out customer issues. So personally, I would give @Zoie_P at least a chance to sort things out for you - I’m sure she will do everything she can to resolve this matter to your satisfaction, and even if not, the statutory 14 day cooling off doesn’t even start until the service is installed and live - so you have time.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

32 REPLIES 32

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Cushtyvm,

Thank you for your post 🙂 I am so sorry to hear you have been having issues with your cancelling your service and that you have not had the best experience with us.

Have you called our team to cancel? How have you tried to put this through?

Zoie

cushtyvm
On our wavelength

Hi Zoie

Thanks you for responding.

I opened a complaint via [REMOVED] and have had multiple emails back an forth with them. 
Reference: [REMOVED]  . I can provide copies if required.

I have (as advised) tried calling 0345 454 1111 and have so far spent over 1.5 hours on hold this morning , without actually speaking to anyone at all.

My issue is that the M200 deal/contract I signed up for on Monday 03/05/22 clearly stated that there would be £0.00 set-up costs. Then I received an email telling me I have to pay £35.00 setup costs - this is not what I signed up for.

I provided evidence of £0.00 setup charge deal to [REMOVED]  but they simply disregarded it and said I must speak with someone to cancel. The resolutions team say "we are unable to take any Cancelation request or process any changes on your account over an email due to privacy concern"

I would now ask that someone with appropriate authority calls me  as soon as possible to process my contract cancellation and cancel the installation booked for 23/05/22 - All my contact details are available from my account: [REMOVED] I am very disappointed with the customer service in the last two days. I was looking forward to using Virgin Media broadband , but definitely do not want to use your services after this experience.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post.]

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply, I am so sorry to hear this, our complaints team will not disconnect via email or letter, so this may be why they are unable to disconnect you.

Do you have an email confirmation email regarding the package you were promised? (with personal details blanked out) 

Zoie

cushtyvm
On our wavelength

Thanks for your reply

Yes I have screenshots of proof, which I have already provided to the 'resolutions team'

I'm not going to post on a public forum though...

Can you please just arrange for someone to contact me ? or alternatively a telephone number where I can actually speak with someone who can process my cancellation - To be clear I want to cancel , I am within my rights to do so.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

We cannot arrange callbacks on here.

We can try to help you with this if you provide the screenshots?

Zoie

cushtyvm
On our wavelength

So, You cannot arrange callbacks and you cannot give me an way of actually speaking to someone at VirginMedia?

I don't need 'help 'with the information I have and have already provided...I want confirmation that my contract and / installation are cancelled.

I don't need help , I need action from Virgin Media

I am not going to post screenshots or copies of emails with personal information a public forum

I guess I'll just have to print all of this thread out to go along with all the email back and forth before I send it all via good old 'snail' mail to Virgin Media,
Sunderland, SR43 4AA in a recorded envelope.

I feel your frustration. 

Yesterday I was supposed to have been setup on a topcashback offer of 200mb broadband for £28 per month with £39 cashback and £100 amazon gift card.

Unfortunately that didn't go live and virgin cancelled the order. So wrang up to complain which took over 4 hrs of phone calls which includeds all the disconnections whilst trying to get through.

In the end they promised to honour the original offer  by applying £139 in credit that I would have got originally. But had to setup another new order direct on phone.

Today I check the offer and surprise suprise the agent only gave £100 credit and not the £39.

Very shady practices from Virgin.

I had to call today  again to complain which took another 90mins of my life. They said they would put the £39 credit on account plus some compensation but I've yet to see a email or anything to confirm this has happened? 

Im thinking of getting in contact with CISAS to make a complaint. 

Maybe you should too 

My own mistake for not visiting the user forums / doing more research first. Our stories are very similar. I am now currently navigating my way through a Whatsapp 'support' chat. Its been solely 'bot' driven for the last 20 or so questions....and now the guy who just greeted me (Good evening !) has disappeared.

I know I have the law on my side as , apart from anything else, I know there is a cooling off period particularly where direct debits are in play.

Just a real shame that what 'looks' like a great deal really isn't and worse still Virgin very clearly do not want to do the right thing by customers.

I will take your advice re CISAS . I am also very likley to spend a couple of hours posting across social media etc if it helps to stop others being duped by these poor practises by Virgin Media.

Yes, the deals was good, but the after sales and customer support is very poor. 

There is no excuse for disconnections after waiting on the phone for like 40 to 60mins to speak to someone. Let alone them not even calling back. 

My guess is they do this on purpose on thier side, like pick up and hangup as it occurs too frequently. 

Also this dishonest practices between different agents, one saying one thing and another saying something else its not on. 

Cant wait for the likes of community fibre arrive in the neighbourhood. 

Life too short to spend half a day dealing with basic issues that can be easily fixed and avoided if dealing with a honest company.