cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN A MANAGER PLEASE CONTACT ME ABOUT MY COMPLAINT

monkeyfunkster
On our wavelength

I have had a pending complaint since August. I had 2 managers from here call me a month ago, apologising and promising that the case was in hand and they would keep in touch with me. They are now ignoring my many, many messages, despite being shown as online. I will add that I have been polite throughout.

I am posting on here as I am desperate for help. If I call, I will be stuck on hold for an hour and will get hold of someone who has no clue about the complaint, and I am not going to spend another hour explaining the saga to a fifth person. Not only is it a waste of time, but I have made it clear that I am registered disabled and cannot physically hold a phone for that length of time, so I am stuck with this being my only method of communication. The latest is that I have had a 32 second call from a verified Virgin number with someone breathing down the phone and then hanging up when I shouted. I don't know if it was someone from here or a spam call, given that despite the pending complaint, and the fact that my internet has barely worked for most of this time due to Virgin's faults, I am now being harassed to upgrade through calls, texts, emails, despite telling them clearly to leave me alone.

I just want someone to please read my messages and get back to me, and as my private messages are being ignored, I feel I have no choice but to post here publicly to ask for help.

39 REPLIES 39

Hello monkeyfunkster

Sorry to hear about th above
I am more than happy to take a this for you 
I will need to send you a private message to pass security 
If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 
Regards     
Gareth_L

monkeyfunkster
On our wavelength

Hetty_R and Gareth_L have been "dealing" with my complaint. I have now several times had Hetty call me and profusely apologise for ignoring my messages, promising to investigate with her manager (no name given) and call me back, sending a "sorry" message when she doesn't, and then ignoring me again.

Gareth was meant to be helping and has now stopped replying. My complaint has been going on for over a year and I'm ready to further escalate, but I need to know who to. I realise I can now go over Virgin's head after this time, but when I'm still having WiFi issues that Virgin accepts are their fault, and Hetty has promised to send out a Pod free of charge, yet hasn't, I'd rather get that dealt with first with Virgin and then the complaint.

Honestly disgraceful customer service. Ignore the customer and hope they get bored type attitude. I mean, the longer it goes on, the more I have to complain about, and the more action they need to take to resolve it, so I'm not sure the logic there?

Why would this be merged if it was repeatedly ignored before? 

But sure, if people want to highlight just how long this has been going on, great. 2 calls from Hetty profusely apologising after months of silence, only to then totally ignore me again.

I'm not going anywhere.

Dear Corey

That's simply not correct, otherwise why have I had Hetty, Ramon, David etc all call me following messages on here regarding my own complaint? Hetty has made written promises and failed to follow them up numerous times. And assure me that she and her manager were dealing with the complaint. 

I personally have TWO ongoing complaints already. And have not had responses to my own post. Please do message me, but to arrange Hetty actually calling me back (for the 4th time). Check out my history. The longer this goes on, the more that adds to the complaint, so surely Virgin dealing asap is in your best interest too? 

STILL WAITING

And now getting spam calls AGAIN to upgrade after yet another failed promise thar wouldn't happen till the complaint is settled. 

The longer this goes on, the more to my complaint and the more Virgin needs to do to settle it. So surely in your interest to reply, Hetty etc? Or just anyone???

Hello monkeyfunkster 

Sorry this is still ongoing 

I will let Hetty you have messaged us again 

It will be weekend before she receive the message though due to her working shift 

Gareth_L

She needs to respond. Just completely not acceptable. Why have you not responded to my recent messages either? 

And I like how moderators are trying to quiet me by moving my response to someone else's post when he was clearly lied to from my experience.

Exactly how long does Hetty take off for a weekend??

Gareth

I am still waiting. You promised yet again she would contact me and yet again nada.

Again, by all means keep the complaint ongoing and let's see just how long I can make it before my contract ends and how much Virgin will owe to me as an apology? Given that I've already been repeatedly promised (in writing too) compensation for not only the issues but the complaint delays too.

Register your complaint (preferably via e-mail so you have a record of it, Virgin like to "lose" complaints), then go here : https://www.virginmedia.com/help/dsar

Request every single bit of data possible, from the start of the contract until now - they are obliged to adhere to your request. 

This will likely trigger a call from the DSAR team looking to resolve the complaint with you to avoid doing the work of collating your data. Hopefully they can resolve this for you. If that doesn't occur, you can refer the complaint to CISAS after Virgin fail to adhere to the 8 week timescale, and they will likely compensate you for your inconvenience and distress.