cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CAN A MANAGER PLEASE CONTACT ME ABOUT MY COMPLAINT

monkeyfunkster
On our wavelength

I have had a pending complaint since August. I had 2 managers from here call me a month ago, apologising and promising that the case was in hand and they would keep in touch with me. They are now ignoring my many, many messages, despite being shown as online. I will add that I have been polite throughout.

I am posting on here as I am desperate for help. If I call, I will be stuck on hold for an hour and will get hold of someone who has no clue about the complaint, and I am not going to spend another hour explaining the saga to a fifth person. Not only is it a waste of time, but I have made it clear that I am registered disabled and cannot physically hold a phone for that length of time, so I am stuck with this being my only method of communication. The latest is that I have had a 32 second call from a verified Virgin number with someone breathing down the phone and then hanging up when I shouted. I don't know if it was someone from here or a spam call, given that despite the pending complaint, and the fact that my internet has barely worked for most of this time due to Virgin's faults, I am now being harassed to upgrade through calls, texts, emails, despite telling them clearly to leave me alone.

I just want someone to please read my messages and get back to me, and as my private messages are being ignored, I feel I have no choice but to post here publicly to ask for help.

39 REPLIES 39

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

If the company have been faffing around since a formal complaint last August, you really should consider escalation to CISAS.  Ordinarily I'd encourage users to give the company a last chance to resolve, but after eight months, nope not in this case, they've had plenty of time to sort things, and chosen not to, and time can no longer be of essence.

CISAS work much like the Energy Ombusdman, and they'll take on your complaint and if it meets their terms of reference, they'll issue an adjudication that is binding on VM.  Before starting the CISAS complaint, write out the complaint long hand, with as much detail as you have to hand on contact with VM, their responses to you, detail any unreasonable call wait times, rudeness, call disconnections, broken promises, along with any relevant circumstances to you (eg vulnerable customer).  Also, write out what outcome you want, so that CISAS know what you think is a fair outcome.

That's really helpful, thanks.

The contract is potentially fraudulent (and I say this as a lawyer), the bill is incorrect and overcharging us, the speed has been 10mbps if we've been lucky until we received this new pod last month, and it's a lot better, but still black spots (in the toilet room- frustrating and embarrassing!)- and about 6 engineers have confirmed the faults so far have been with Virgin equipment, not anything we're doing, so not only is my complaint about the disastrous set up process (feel free to see past posts), but about the fact according to their own policy, I need a refund for all service up to the pod install as it was less than guaranteed (and boy do I have proof). And now I have recorded calls with managers promising me all sorts and then ignoring me.

Let alone the constant spam I'm now getting, which (again, I say this as a lawyer!) Is akin to harassment. 

I've pdf printed 35 chains of private messages on here as I honestly feel like I'm dealing with con artists and don't trust that they, or my account, will now disappear. And it surely says something that still no one has replied to me!

Ultimately, all I've wanted is working internet. But now, I'm after compensation and refunds as I've given them more than enough chances. I'd have cancelled long ago, but how if they won't respond! 

But yes, thanks again!

THIRD SPAM CALL TODAY!!!!!

They are emailing me, messaging, calling the house phone, calling my mobile.

NO I DO NOT WANT AN UPGRADE IF I'M NOT EVEN GETTING WHAT I'M CURRENTLY PAYING FOR!!!

Anonymous
Not applicable
as a lawyer, you know that the contract excludes wifi so you are out of lock with wifi. connections or blackspots

I know what you mean, but that's not the issue relating to the contract. I won't put the full issue on here for obvious reasons. 

Well I finally got a reply, promising a call today.

Tumbleweed.

35 different message threads, with about 5 messages in each from me. Honestly feels like I'm stuck in groundhog day with a long job con artist. 

I have repeated apology messages promising calls back. I have had I think 4 calls arranged now that haven't happened. 

Just to let others on the forum know if you need help, no matter how major your complaint is, you're unlikely to find it here. Or anywhere at Virgin. 

Regarding a complaint.

Please message me, given I have had no response to my last post, I won't repeat myself.

jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
A VM person will respond to your request on here. But as this is a technical help forum and not a direct link, it may be several days before they do.

As its regarding a complaint, I expect that they cannot comment and will just direct you to the complaints process and phone number.

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired, 2 on WiFi) Hub5 in modem mode with Apple Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's & TP-Link Archer C64 WAP. On Volt 350Mbps, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.