Forum Team (Retired) Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 31 of 65
Flag for a moderator

Re: CABLE MY STREET

No worries,

Happy canvassing Smiley Happy

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
AlredyVCabledUp
Superfast
Message 32 of 65
Flag for a moderator

Perhaps staple a note to each leaflet explaining a few points and giving a email address to contact you?

0 Kudos
K3V1NR
Joining in
Message 33 of 65
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen

Just to let you know.

All leaflets have been dropped on the streets where we do not have Virgin now.

Not sure how you monitor how many people have registered tho I assume you guys have a way of doing this ?

Kind Regards

Kevin

0 Kudos
AlredyVCabledUp
Superfast
Message 34 of 65
Flag for a moderator

Strange - tried the link you gave for your area in a previous post and there is no number shown of how many people have signed up for Cable my Street

BUT - if you try the postcode for my area (SW2 1HT) on Cable my Street today there are 1,105 Cable my Street Signups for Cable Up SW2 1HT - so is it a good thing or a bad thing that you have no numbers listed while my area has 1,105?

Did you have a sign up number listed on Cable my Street which later then disappeared?

Or did you never have a sign up number?

You might find this interesting http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/New-home-build-connection-Cannot-contact-V...

0 Kudos
K3V1NR
Joining in
Message 35 of 65
Flag for a moderator

Hi I cant ever recall seeing a number, however what has changed is that it now says "your in our expansion plan" so I wonder if that's why its not there, where as your postcode says we are expanding our network as though your not in any plan as such ?

Kind Regards

Kevin

0 Kudos
AlredyVCabledUp
Superfast
Message 36 of 65
Flag for a moderator

A very good question - however as we already have the connection points and cable, ductwork, manholes and street cabinets we don't need expanding to only our properties being marked on the relevant Virgin database as being connectable - so all the guff Virgin spout about an area being not being viable to connect doesn't apply to my SW2 1HT area as everything is already here (Virgin Cable Network Asset Street Map:- http://wp.me/P93cZg-21) but so far still no progress.

Essentially Virgins entire strategy relies upon the classic avoidance technique of the third person deferral combined with timewasting exercises to keep people busy and stop them doing anything that might upset Virgins apple cart (also probably why Virgin took down my photos of EIGHT Virgin CATV Manhole lids 4 doors away both sides of my front door - proves there is a live network crammed with Virgin infrastrcture) so one of the techniques besides forever deferring to nameless third parties is to goof about with the cable my street website so at one point the number of signups on Cable My Street was replaced with "We're on our way" as you can see in the screenshot below showing the same postcode

Screenshot_20161109-172325.pngWe Are On Our Way 09Nov2016

but then it went back to numbers registered again once everybody had made the mistake of backing off and waiting which is exactly what "we're on our way" is designed to do.

Cable my Street / Project Lightning is a sales and marketing ploy to act helpful but do nothing - really it is just to reinvigorate a brand with a bad reputation (Virgin Cable) and get people talking - the £3Billion Virgin borrowed on the back of Project Lighting - nobody will lend Virgin money to fix/repair their existing network but they will lend money to expand a network - Virgin meanwhile spent most of the money on increasing network backbone capacity otherwise they will lose their existing customers who demand higher speeds (otherwise what is the point of Cable Internet?) but Virgin discovered the higher frequency that higher speeds require on the existing cables doesn't work over the longer runs of cable (hence Virgins sudden interest in FTTP).

Virgins network expansion plans can be summed up as (imagine a thick accent) "Maybe Ve Vill, Maybe Ve Von't - I Dunnot" ......

All the while getting people talking about Virgin which Virgin prey will get people already in a Virgin enabled property to consider Virgin - while Sky and Virgins TV business continues to fall away (why else do you think Sky started selling Broadband a decade ago - besides their customer churn rate killing Sky), while selling telephone lines for voice use becomes less and less relevant (hardware VOiP) and BT line / VDSL based broadband continues to speed up rendering Virgin Cable increasingly irrelevant and without a future.

"4G+" Mobile phone data links already outpace Virgins 300mbps top speed and with even faster "5G" mobile on the horizon whatever will Virgin do when speed is no longer Virgins unique selling point.

0 Kudos
AlredyVCabledUp
Superfast
Message 37 of 65
Flag for a moderator

Maybe instead of being a lone voice on your thread post with everybody else on this thread same people and same thing http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/QuickStart-set-up-and/New-home-build-connection-Cannot-contact-V...

Virgins other strategy being "divide and rule" - I just love the way Virgin responses always are along the lines of "we are sorry YOU are having Problems contacting such and such a team..." implying that it is an isolated problem so join a group with a similar problem and point out the problem is not an isolated problem actually it is the norm that Virgin are nowadays having difficulty concealing.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 38 of 65
Flag for a moderator

Hi Kevin Smiley Happy

Thanks to you dropping leaflets for us this is now on the radar Smiley Happy

Right now there is an NBU raised for this meaning at some point this will go to planning.

The teams have come back to me this morning to say:

I have checked this address and it is linked to NBU 96825, however it is the very early stages of planning and has been noted that this project is a low priority and therefore hasn’t as yet been given authorisation to build.

It will remain on hold until a priority level is reached.

As soon as the interest levels are high enough and enough people register on the site to show demand means it's a viable proposition for us, we'll be able to move forwards Smiley Happy

Check back in again with me in the New Year and I'll give you another update.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
K3V1NR
Joining in
Message 39 of 65
Flag for a moderator

Hi Karen
Thanks for the update! that sounds positive I will drop you a reminder in the new year as requested once again many thanks for your help on this 😁

Kind regards
Kevin
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 40 of 65
Flag for a moderator

No worries Kevin

If I was safe enough to do so I'd be mentioning about having a lovely X**s lol but it may be a tad early for some so I'll be safe and do it in Welsh instead, seeing as that's where we're from Smiley Happy

So 'Nadolig Llawen a Blwyddn Newydd Dda'

Catch you in the New Year!

Cheers

Karen

Forum Team

0 Kudos