cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bundle Renewal

Panda99
On our wavelength

In February when my bundle deal came to an end and with price increases looming, I asked Virgin for their best deal. I was advised to alter my phone bundle to 'Talk Weekends' by a Virgin employee I was told I didn't make many 'weekday' calls. I followed this advice and the bundle price was £47. My May bill came through at £85!!! I spent 45minutes holding on the phone for 'customer retentions' desperate to change my bundle back. I have complained to Virgin who I have been loyal to for 16yrs, I also have two monthly sims with them. I thought this advisor was helping me and trusted her. I feel I have been given ' poor advice' that has cost me money. I can ill afford this extra bill with the escalating energy bills. I had to call twice and was on hold for 45 minutes . I await Virgins reply. 

14 REPLIES 14

Panda99
On our wavelength

Oh I forgot to mention, they tried to fob me off initially on the phone. I spoke to three people and made two phone calls, before officially logging a complaint. 

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

Well at least report that to Ofcom.  There's no further direct actions, so no stress or additional work for you, but Ofcom are probably going to have a stern word with VM about their shockingly poor complaints process, and the more evidence they have the more effective they can be.

Hi there @Panda99

Thank you so much for your updates and I am so sorry to hear about the issues you have faced when renewing an changing your package with us! 

Thank you for raising your complaint with us and our teams will look into what has happened before offering you a resolution that will hopefully meet your required needs. You can check the progress of your complaint online here, and you can view out complaints procedures here for more information on how we will deal with this. 

Please do let us know how this goes. 

Thanks again. 

Good Morning Ashleigh

I have reached a resolution with VM, thank you. I did initially struggle to report it. I initially spoke to someone who then put me on hold with music for 45 mins. Then I told the next person who agreed to change my bundle but still did not give me a complaints ref number, he said I would have to call back, after I had received a VM email. So I called again and told a third person I would like to log a complaint. 

Thanks for coming back to us @Panda99, to advise that this has all been resolved for you. I'm sorry that it has taken so long and you have spoken to so many people along the way but we're glad that you have managed to get a resolution.

Regards,

Steven_L