cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadcast contract extended without consent

Rufi999
Joining in

Hello,

I moved home in December 2021. I informed virgin media and I was able to continue with my existing broadband package at my new address. However, I contacted Virgin media recently and discovered that this has somehow triggered Virgin to extend my contract for another 18 months to June 2023 without my knowledge. 

I would like my old contract to continue and not to be tied up in a new contract that I did not consent to.

Kindly requesting to look into this please. 

4 REPLIES 4

Aaron2
Well-informed

did you make any changes at all during the change of address? A new deal, change from MixIT to Mix/MaxIT TV, Weekends to More Anytime or a broadband upgrade?

or was it an exact 1:1 transfer? If it was an exact 1:1 then the contract can be amended, however if a new deal was added or changes to your package were made then typically it results in a new contract. 
you can either try calling up 150/0345 454 1111 or wait and a member of the forum team will pick it up and confirm some details to have a look. 

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.

Thanks for your prompt response. I made no changes whatsoever and it was an exact 1:1 transfer. I would rather have a forum team member to look into this if that is okay. I am happy to share more details.

Many thanks 

they will get to you shortly then, it can take upwards a week to get to you as they're quite swamped. Don't send anyone including me any information related to your account, the staff team will contact and confirm it's them so you're not sharing information with a random. 

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.

Hi Rufi999,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about your contract term. 

We can certainly take a look into that for you. I would confirm now though that package changes isn't something we usually deal with on this site. 

I will private message you now to confirm some details. 

^Martin