Menu
keithmac
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Broadband only?.

Hello all, I've been a VM customer for last 14 years and have no problem with the service.

Unfortunately we a looking to trim the bills down a bit and have looked into what I subscribe to.

Super Fibre 70

Full House TV (xl)

Talk weekend

Phone and Tivo rental.

Just shy of £80 per month.

Basically we don't use the phone at all, the TV we can use Freeview for what we watch so Tivo can go.

I would just like to keep the broadband, can one of the Forum team come up with a deal for me or do I have to go through the phone centre (would prefer to do it all on here if possible!).

We have just had UFO fibre laid down our street but would prefer to stay with VM if possible.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband only?.

This is not something the forum team can help with, you do need to speak to VM to change your package.  If you call 150 and take the "Thinking of leaving us" option you should get through to a UK call center (during UK office hours) and they can help you arrange a new deal.

The broadband package you are on is a legacy package that no longer exists for new customers, so that suggest you haven't negotiated a new deal with VM for a wee while.  The current Full House bundle with Vivid 100 is listed on the VM site as being £74 a month after the new customer promotion ends.  That would get you faster BB and a new V6 TV box that is miles better than the old Tivo for a bit less each month.  That is the bare minimum that the retentions team can offer but they should be able to do better.

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out.
My setup: V6 TV box, Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Hub 3 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
keithmac
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband only?.

Well that was an experience!.

After getting the hard sell from an Indian call centre who wouldn't take no for an answer I finally got though to a nice lady who has sorted us out a Broadband Only package.

Not as cheap as UFO/ Talk Talk but as I said earlier I can't fault the actual VM network, just a shame they outsource their phone work..

0 Kudos