Menu
Tangobaldy
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Broadband only penalty price rises

Why do virgin offer broadband only deals and then have small print which recently is a bit bigger saying prices can go up.  Its strange that we are tied into amcontract becuase we feel we got a good deal.  I got gamers broadband couple years ago and it has risen by 30%  if i had signed up to a tv package ophone line the price would not risen 2x a year.  We need competition tok as virgin has now become so esxspensive for most products.  Luckily i am able to access most media i like for free.  How about treating loyal customers with bonuses?  

0 Kudos
Tangobaldy
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband only penalty price rises

Ps excuse the rusbbish typing its due to using a virgin telly tablet. Anyone who owns one will know how rubbish it is for typi g.
0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Broadband only penalty price rises

'small print which recently is a bit bigger saying prices can go up..'

nice to see someone that reads the terms and conditions. unusual for here.

yes you are correct prices can go up at any time and that applies to bt and sky too. the contract is more about you, the services provided, at a particular address, for a set amount of time. the 'price' forms part of the contract but companies are allowed to detour from that price.

as for 'bonuses'. sky do something but you need to be with them for years to get anything of note. certainly no actual bill reductions. a draw among thousands of other entrants to see tina turner in birmingham or a free dvd of a film no one remembers and a dedicated complaint number have been their offerings in the past.

i remember someone complaining on the sky forum a while back. they said they didn't want a dvd of big starring tom hanks but 20% off every month. not happening.