Menu
sradley
Tuning in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Broadband down again in N20

For the third time this week my broadband is done. Sorry but I don't consider that reasonable. Is there a fundamental problem with tech in the area? I recall roll out was very slow post the initial groundworks. What are my rights to cancel without incurring charges due to this? 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband down again in N20

I am sorry to hear that sradley

When you say "done" I assume an issue has arisen in your area, is this reflected on the service status checker here? virg.in/service

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
sradley
Tuning in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Without fail the link says no reported problem, however the 0800 number has for the past 2 weeks reported a "complex issue" in the N20 postcode area. No idea when this will be fixed. So still no landline, very weak and sporadic WiFi. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi sradley, sorry for the issues you've had with the service - and any confusion around the status of the fault.

I've been able to locate your account using your forum details, and can confirm that the area is currently impacted by a noise issue (ref.# F007495949) which we currently estimate will be resolved by 04/11/19. 

Noise issues by nature a particularly tricky to identify & resolve, as they are usually 'intermittent' and don't impact everybody in a given postcode they're not always communicated on the status page. 

If you require another update on this please feel free to get back to us here, but hopefully the engineers will have things sorted sooner than expected on this occasion.

Tom  

sradley
Tuning in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Tom, very helpful. Do you what the likely symptoms would be of a noise issue? We have no phone line, intermittent broadband and very weak WiFi in rooms away from the router. I have ordered boosters to fix the latter problem but do you think the weak WiFi might also be down to the noise issue? We didn't have any issues with Vodafone broadband and WiFi before and this was a slower speed product, so just keen to understand what might get fixed and what might not. 

Thanks again

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

The main cause of noise is usually reduced speed - the connection may also drop intermittently.

It would only impact the phone line if you're set up with voip - does your phone line connect to the hub rather than it's own dedicated phone socket?

Tom

0 Kudos
sradley
Tuning in
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Yes it is. Do u know if I can simply plug back into old phone line ...or does it just not work that way!! ?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

That wouldn't work I'm afraid. It's longer than we'd like you to be without the services working in full & we do appreciate the frustration this will cause. Rest assured the engineers will be doing all they can to get things back to normal asap. 

Tom

0 Kudos
sradley
Tuning in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tom, is there any update on the fault please? I had a text pushing back the date to the 7th Nov, but any idea if that will be when my services finally come back in line??

Thabks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I have just checked the ticket, it has been pushed back until the 11th November, an engineer is being sent to fix the problem. I apologise again for the delay. We hope to have it fixed asap. 

Cheers. 

Ryan_N - Forum Team
0 Kudos