cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband costs

G62
Joining in

Hi,

I am now paying  £45 for M100 broadband which is double that of a new customer (£24), also more than an M100 tv package (£39).

I am not in contract, so can I cancel and come back in as a new customer?, just need to know my options before getting on to customer service.

Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @G62 

You can leave and return as a new customer but generally you need to have been left for 3 months before being considered a new customer.

I see you've checked out the new customer prices. It's very unlikely you will be able to negotiate a new customer price, but if you do call then you already have a price point in mind to barter with.

It really is beneficial to call in and by negotiating you should get something in between  the new customer price and the out of contract price.

Also it pays to have some figures for other providers handy too to use as a negotiating weapon.

If you decide to go ahead with that then speak to Retentions (thinking of leaving us)#

# Retentions (thinking of leaving us) are generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents. Hopefully you can negotiate a deal with them that's suitable to your pocket and needs in exchange for a new contract.

The actual prices can vary on a day to day basis, if you are happy with the price quoted then accept it as it may not be available again.  However if you aren't happy with the price offered then phone again.

Call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111,  but best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @G62 

You can leave and return as a new customer but generally you need to have been left for 3 months before being considered a new customer.

I see you've checked out the new customer prices. It's very unlikely you will be able to negotiate a new customer price, but if you do call then you already have a price point in mind to barter with.

It really is beneficial to call in and by negotiating you should get something in between  the new customer price and the out of contract price.

Also it pays to have some figures for other providers handy too to use as a negotiating weapon.

If you decide to go ahead with that then speak to Retentions (thinking of leaving us)#

# Retentions (thinking of leaving us) are generally based in the UK, and have a greater degree of knowledge and flexibility, along with a larger range of discounts than the front line agents. Hopefully you can negotiate a deal with them that's suitable to your pocket and needs in exchange for a new contract.

The actual prices can vary on a day to day basis, if you are happy with the price quoted then accept it as it may not be available again.  However if you aren't happy with the price offered then phone again.

Call  150 from a Virgin landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111,  but best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Many thanks Dave.

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @G62,

Welcome to our Community Forums and thanks for posting.

To echo what Dave has advised, we would recommend speaking with our Retentions team on 0345 454 1111 who will be able to go through all suitable deals to best match your needs and budget. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs