cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband cancellation

Alex361
Tuning in

I have tried cancelling my broadband over the phone, on web chat, on WhatsApp and by post to no avail. Can someone from Virgin please cancel my broadband as I've spent four days trying to contact you now.

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Cancellations can't be done via this forum.

If you're having problems calling through, I'd suggest writing by "signed for" delivery to Virgin Media, Sunderland, SR43 4AA

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your response. I know that cancellations can't be done in this forum, but I've seen that Virgin doers respond on here, so I'm hoping to get a resolution that way. The system seems to be designed to make it as difficult for the customer.

Hello Alex361

We're really sorry to hear of the problems experienced getting to speak to a member of the team to arrange your disconnection, we understand the frustration this can cause. Welcome to the community.

As japitts has already advised we aren't able to arrange the disconnection for you via the forums, all of our teams are really busy at the moment due ot high call volumes but working hard to get to all customers as quickly as possible. You mentioned you wrote to us, can you confirm when and to where this was sent?

The address should be:

Virgin Media

Sunderland

SR43 4AA

Once it has been received it may take a few days for this to be actioned but the disconnection and start of the 30 days notice will be back dated to the date the letter was marked as received.

Rob

Hi Rob,

I sent the letter a couple of days ago to that address. Why do you make it so difficult for your customers to cancel their broadband? Surely making the experience as seamless as possible would not be as frustrating and your call volumes wouldn't be so high. I have spent so many hours over the past few days trying to get in touch only to be ignored or cut off. I was initially getting in touch to speak about an upgrade but after the appalling way that Virgin Media has dealt with the whole thing, I'll never be back.

Alex361
If you have sent written notice of cancellation, that's your part done. Presumably, you've got proof of posting? I wouldn't hold too much hope of receiving a reply. You'll feel you're in limbo. Concerned that nothing's confirmed. That's my experience.
A member of the Forum Team checked out and confirmed my disconnection date (agreed by phone after stated Nottingham address I sent cancellation to not in use) so while they cannot initiate disconnection you may want to come back here, say in a week's time, to ask if any action has been taken.

Thanks for getting back to me Alex361, we're extremely busy at the moment which is causing delays in members of all teams getting back to customers. We appreciate and understand the frustration and the teams are all working hard to get back to customers as quickly as possible.

If you have written to that address and once received it can take a few days for this to be actioned but will be back dated to the date received for the start of your 30 days cancellation period. If you would like us to double check any progress in a week or so's time we'll be happy to do so for you.

Just let us know here.

Rob

word to the wise, Rob, your teams would deal with us all a lot quicker if they just immediately agreed when we ask to cancel, tapped it into the computer, and virgin didn't have multiple teams contacting and recontacting people, begging us to stay... changing prices etc etc. It's like trying to leave a cult!

Hi Caite thanks for posting.  

We've reached out to you in another thread.  However in regard to what you have advised, we can feed your specific point from this thread back to the relevant teams, on your behalf.

Regards

Lee_R