cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband (& TV) broken for 4 weeks - can I get a dongle?

916s
Joining in

Hello,

Hopefully the right area but let me know if not…how do I get a dongle for temporary broadband (as it broke on 31 Jan and current fix date is 2nd March earliest it seems despite escalating). Both broadband and tv remain down still. Over 4 weeks seems a while..(tried sales as customer support suggested but no luck that way). Grateful for any feedback..

Craig

5 REPLIES 5

goslow
Alessandro Volta

@916s wrote:

Hello,

Hopefully the right area but let me know if not…how do I get a dongle for temporary broadband (as it broke on 31 Jan and current fix date is 2nd March earliest it seems despite escalating). Both broadband and tv remain down still. Over 4 weeks seems a while..(tried sales as customer support suggested but no luck that way). Grateful for any feedback..

Craig

Is your TV/broadband broken as in a 'total loss of service' or broken as in working intermittently/not very reliably?

Have VM said what the fault is caused by?

A total loss of service for your broadband gets you compensation at £8.40 per day after two working days if VM fails to fix the fault in that time

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

https://www.virginmedia.com/legal/fibre-optic-services-terms-conditions/automatic-compensation

VM might offer you some temporary mobile connectivity device in the meantime but it has been mentioned on here before that might be for an expected delay of 8+ weeks. Some of those who have had one and reported on here have said they didn't work brilliantly well.

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @916s 

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Sorry to hear of the issues with the services, from a system check this is a construction issue.

I will send you a PM to help

Best wishes

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

Thanks John, have replied - let me know how it goes pls

Thanks for that - total loss I'm afraid of TV and broadband - cable/cable box mixture probably as no signal into the house. Timescales re dongles noted (have replied to John's note as well so will await developments). Just got the next monthly bill for the service that's been down 😐

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @916s 

Thanks for joining me on PM and allowing me to sort this for you 🙂

If you do ever need anything, please do pop back to the Community.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill