cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband STILL connected

Bullfinch
Joining in

I am out of contract with VM broadband & landline.

Put in a registered letter to the Sunderland office to disconnect my broadband/landline service as I wanted to cancel my account with Virgin from  Monday 3rd April 2023 terminating Tuesday May 2nd. I know register letter was received as I have a copy of signature.

Telephone service was disconnected 2nd May but broadband is still active. I've just received a bill today for usual amount £53.90 including telephone bill.  No where does it say it's a final bill.

When will they disconnect and cancel my account, I realise there might be a few days after the date  requested but the bill looks like it will be making the next bill with June dates.

How can I check is they are going to camcel my account without being led a merry dance?

6 REPLIES 6

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Bullfinch, thanks for reaching out on our help forums and welcome back to the community.

We're sorry to hear of the issues following your disconnection request and your latest bills, we'd be happy to best assist with this where possible.

Regarding the disconnection date, had this been confirmed via email or letter on our end and how did you get the advice about the landline having disconnected on this date, if we may ask?

To view more on this, you may visit your online account here and check if any services show as still active.

Another way, is to check if the bill you received is your final bill (should be stated at the top of first bill page, in this case) and what's the period and the services it bills you for.

A final bill is always issued once the disconnection of services has completed, can you tell us what date this bill came out and if this is after or before the date you were due for deactivation?

Please, let us know more and we're eager to help.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

The landline stopped working on 2nd 0f May 23, as my telephone number had been ported over to my new provider, I assumed the broadband would be disconnected on the same day, after receiving the bill today 7th May as normal via email I checked the VM router this afternoon and it still has a internet connection.  I've had no email/letter or other type of communication confirming my wish to end my account with VM. I did get a phone call from VM a few days after the letter to sent to the Sunderland office, I think it was asing about remaining with VM but when I mentioned I had made my mind up about leaving the lady with Asian accent seemed quite abrupt and ended the call.

There is no mention of "Final Bill/payment" any where on the bill.

The Bill date is 5th May. The billing period is 27th May to 26th June.

OK, well this seems to be yet another case of VM blatantly ignoring a cancellation request, given in writing, and signed for (so, please no claims that it never arrived - unless, of course VM want to claim that the OP for some reason, sent a blank letter, at their own expense - don’t think any Court is going to entertain that, no?) And this is further backed up by the claim that the OP, apparently, unless you are accusing him or her of lying, received a call from the outbound retentions staff, (customer service skills, notwithstanding), which doesn’t happen unless a cancellation is in progress, no?

So Adri, or any other member of the forum team who picks this up, now we both know where this is going no? The question is simply this, are you prepared to sort it out amicably, or does it go you know where, along with the statutory costs to VM?

Martyn
Up to speed

send in a complaint, explain you requested to cancel, when ou sent it, when it was signed for, it should have been 30 days from then no later, 

Connection: Virgin FTTP Gig2 (XGSPON)

Thank you for that information Bullfinch. I would like to help with this. 

To be able to investigate further, I will private message you now. 

^Martin

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Bullfinch 

Thanks for joining us on PM and allowing us to sort this for you.

Do pop back to the forums if you ever need further assistance.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill