Menu
Caren
Just joined
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Broadband Package

I received a phone call on 11th January advising me that 4 of my 5 boxes were due to be upgraded free of charge as they were old and this was booked in for 16th January.  When I check the confirmation email, they have amended my package and increased my bill by over £30 per month.  This is NOT what I agreed.  Has anyone else had this and can you advise please.  I received a generic text today (12th) confirming the appointment which you reply yes or no to, and which I've replied no.  I have read some very unfavourable reviews on various sites - is this Virgin's misleading way of doing business these days?  

0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Broadband Package

Hi I agree no wants a price increase, but when you upgrade to a V6 which is a better system you expect to pay for it, as you have been advised of a change, therefore a you are entitled to reject it.Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

However if the call said there was no increase and that's what was agreed, there should be no increase.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Caren, 

welcome to our community forums, it's great to have you here.

It has been a little while since your initial post, I just want to check if there have there been any further updates on this since your post? If we are advising that you would be able to update your boxes without any additional changes to your account then we would look to honour that for you.

Thanks

Tom_S

0 Kudos