cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Broadband Bill

Getting_out
Tuning in

Hi,

I've received my first bill and there was a £35 "other charges". I did a free self install so what would these charges be for?

Does anyone know?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
13 REPLIES 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
activation fee maybe

Yes, but I was told it would be waived. All sorted now after going through Virgin chat.

Thanks for the reply.

Molly_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Getting_out,

Many thanks for your post and sorry to hear of the extra installation charge. 

Please let us posted on how you get on with our agent and if you require any further assistance.

Thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Molly_G wrote:

Hi @Getting_out,

Please let us posted on how you get on with our agent and if you require any further assistance.

I think that was already answered in the "All sorted now" reply 😉

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, it would appear that I do need further help. The last message from your agent Krithika said:

Michael, Thank you I have credited back 35 pounds on your account also you can waive that on your online account in next 3 hours after that you can make a payemnets.

This was at 10:01. The credit has not been made. I've paid the outstanding amount minus £35. Can you please ensure this balance is cleared asap in order that I can set up a Direct debit?

Thanks in advance.

Mike

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Getting_out

The agent has requested the credit as per the message to you and it can take up to 24hours to reflect in your online account.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Thanks for the reply.

I was expecting it within 3 hours, as per the agent's message, but will now check back tomorrow to set up the DD.

Cheers.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

You're very welcome, let us know if you run into any further issues with setting that up. Have a great weekend.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ok, it's been over 24 hours since the £35 credit was promised. I also made a quick payment of £109.50 yesterday for the balance of the outstanding amount.

However, my account is still showing £144.50 and I am being threatened with a "disruption" to my services if I don't pay it.

Are you able to confirm that the actual outstanding balance is now £0 and no suspension of my broadband will happen?

Is this kind of delay normal for your payments system?

Thanks in advance.