cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Breach of contract

huddo64
Tuning in

I've just been charged by virgin mobile for my oomph sim.  First I was told the sim was not linked to my oomph account.  After disputing this, I was told the oomph contract has ended, but the will waiver this month's payment as a goodwill gesture.  After explaining to them the oomph bundle doesn't expire until September 29th, they checked my Virgin Media account and finally agreed.  I was told it was their error as they had mistakenly linked my account with someone else and their name was on the account and not mine.  They said they will pay £48 compensation into my account to cover the last 2 months of the contract but they will still be taking the £24 sim charge out. That's not compensation, that's obligating the contract.  What I want to know is, if they take payment for the SIM as a stand alone charge, then surely they are breaching the contract as I have already paid for it in my oomph package? Linking my account with someone else is a breach of data protection.  Taking these facts into consideration, I should be able to end my contracts with immediate effect without any financial penalties.  I will be cancelling when my contract ends as I have all faith in VM of which I have been a loyal customer for many years.

If anyone from VM, who speaks fluent English would like to explain this to me further, then please PM me.

2 REPLIES 2

huddo64
Tuning in

*lost all faith

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi huddo64, 

Thank you for reaching our to us here on the Community. 

I am very sorry for the issues with you SIM contract, we will do all we can to help. 

Due to the nature of the issues, I would like to take a look from our side so I am going to pop you over a private message to confirm a few details. This will be available via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat