cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing

eurofieds
Joining in

Hello,

I recently moved addresses and I took all of my broadband equipment with me. I did the moving house process over and my connection was up and running in no time.

I received my bill this morning and I suddenly have a £55.83 bill. I'm so surprised by this as my bill is only always the £25 monthly.

When I moved houses, I asked the customer service rep over the phone and he said my plan would stay the same as I haven't changed anything. But now I'm confused as to why I have to pay a 55£ bill when all I did was change address and no engineer was needed to come around to my home to hook anything up.

This really needs to be fixed by virgin ASAP! Please what can I do in such situations? 

Thank you 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks for coming back to us eurofieds, you would be charged a mover fee for moving house, this is applied if a technician is needed or not, this should have been explained to you, when you arranged for the move to take place on our system. I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey eurofieds,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your billing, does your bill show that the new amount is your contracted amount or are there any charges showing for your move as there could be a moving charge applied to your account. 

Do you have a new contract in place on your online account?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Hello

It showing a package change that I never did. All I did was moving from one house to another and took my equipment with me. Its also showing a moving charge for 20£, again no engineer was required during my move process, I hooked up my equipment myself using my old equipment. All I did was make a call for a change of address.

After all of this, the usual charge of 25 monthly was still included which brought the whole total to 55 quid.. I've called customer service but it has not been rectified yet.

Thanks for trying to help mate. 

Thanks for coming back to us eurofieds, you would be charged a mover fee for moving house, this is applied if a technician is needed or not, this should have been explained to you, when you arranged for the move to take place on our system. I would be happy to take a further look into this for you but first I would need to confirm a few details via private message, please look out for my message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

I sent the required details via private messages.

Thank You

Thank you @eurofieds 

My colleague will get this investigated and resolved for you as soon as possible. Please let us know if you are having any further issues or have any questions at all. We'll be here to help on the community forums if needed :). 

Here to help 🙂
Virgin Media Forums Agent
Carley