cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing

Howyoodoin
Joining in

Hi there,

I’m a new customer on the 200mb broadband (£28 a month for 18 months).  My contract started on 11 August and I have added a Wi-Fi pod from 3rd September at a cost of another £5 a month but I have been sent an email today to say that my first bill will be £56.00 on 31 August, followed by £44.33 on 29 September and then £33 a month going forward.  

Please can someone explain the first two months figures as I’m struggling to get my head around these?

Thanks,

Phil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

With your first bills, you will often find them covering more than a standard billing month, and the clue will be checking the dates on those bills.

VM also bill more than a month in advance.

You've mentioned £33/month going forward, which tallies with your £28+£5 figure. So I suspect the dates on your bills will answer the first two apparent discrepancies.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

With your first bills, you will often find them covering more than a standard billing month, and the clue will be checking the dates on those bills.

VM also bill more than a month in advance.

You've mentioned £33/month going forward, which tallies with your £28+£5 figure. So I suspect the dates on your bills will answer the first two apparent discrepancies.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks