cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing problems

chancer4545
Tuning in

Hello everyone

Alas after nearly  20 years as a loyal customer im having say goodbye due to the inconsistent broadband on poor copper wires and the massive price hikes.

However the lovely CEO Lutz is in denial and doesnt want to let me go.

Im out of contract and have already had my services switched.

I raised a complaint after more than 10 hours in chat over 4 days and was finally given a complaint number along with assurances my service port out / disconnection was completed and i would receive an email with my final bill.

As expected Virgin media have ignored all this and just sent me a bill for forward billing period 2nd may to 1st june. For another £122

Odd that they confirmed service disconnection ended 12th April and i will actually be owed a refund . I can only assume this is a tactic with leaving customers to enhance vm cashflow. Pretend you are listening but just ignore the customer.

I did point out that leavers are all processed behind the scenes with no info record or available on the account in the App

Given i was told to sit back relax and await the email with the final bill , now ive received it and it is pretending i havent left, I assume there is no way around this other than to

1. Cancel my DD to avoid virgin taking money for services they cant provide.

2.Email Lutz the CEO with my complaint and details in an attempt to finally get some common sense from VM ?

3. Contact Ofcom

All thoughts welcome - as far as i can see ive exhausted all other avenues

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

VM broadband doesn't use BT's copper wires, so I'm not sure what that reference is to.

When were your VM services disconnected, and when was the bill in question produced? The answer to this scenario often lies in the dates.

It's quite normal for you to be billed as normal until your services are disconnected, and then a final bill produced upto 45 days after.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/refund 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Japitts

Im not sure what the reference to BT is i didnt mention that.

I have HFC so its hybrid fibre optic and copper to the house. Regardless of which semantics the throttling and saturation alongside constant outage was too much to bear.

I have a real service now which is 1gb up and down.

Thanks for the info below - yes i saw the pathetic  info on the website - refund by cheque 5 years after the final bill on the website.

Which is why ive cancelled the DD they are not taking another payment in advance when the service is already disconnected.

Thanks anyway

Hi chancer4545, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums.

I am sorry to hear that there is an issue with the billing and we want to ensure that this is resolved. 

I will send you a PM so that this can be looked into further, please look out for the purple envelope. 

Kind regards, Chris.