cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing issues

beatonollie
Joining in

Hey, 

So out of nowhere my bill became £55 from £28 as my 18 month discounted contract ended they said.. I don’t recall being told this would happen when I signed up for the package but anyway. I attempted to get it discounted as for £55 the WiFi doesn’t even reach my bedroom in our tiny 2 bed flat. They didn’t. So I unwillingly paid the £55 bill, but now I’ve had an email saying I’m late on paying (I wasn’t) & I owe them now £100 it states on my online bill, plus a £7 late charge! I have tried to contact through phoning but they are so difficult to get through to! It’s driving me mad. 
Anyone else had this trouble? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Both your contract and every bill explain when any discount ends.

You should also have received an email before this happened.

There is IMHO no reason for you not knowing this was going to happen.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

2 REPLIES 2

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Both your contract and every bill explain when any discount ends.

You should also have received an email before this happened.

There is IMHO no reason for you not knowing this was going to happen.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi beatonollie,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to hear you weren't aware that once your contract ends any discounts associated to the package also end, once this happens you are able to speak to our Customer relations team on either 0345 454 1111 option 1,4 then 4, or by Text on 0753 305 1809.

We do advise this on the contract and you are able to keep track on your Contract Via your Online Account.

In regards to the extra on the Bill and the late payment charge , have you checked your Online banking to make sure the Direct Debit wasn't returned to us unpaid?

Regards

Paul.