cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing issue

Lee_T
On our wavelength

Why are things so frustrating to deal with these days with this company?  I have a billing issue and wanted to talk to someone about it, when I call up I just get a recorded message telling me my bill is overdue and the call gets ended.  

I tried the live chat, which then directed me to WhatsApp and after three and a half hours of waiting I typed something in there for an update and the response seems to suggest that its starting over from the start.  This is incredibly annoying and a big negative slide in customer service.  Even a few years ago it was relatively straightforward to actually speak to someone but they just want to put as many barriers in the way as possible these days.

If an advisor is able to assist me I would very much appreciate it, thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Lee,

Give the VM Collections team a call on 0800 052 0360.

They may be able to assist further, possibly setting up a payment plan. I'm not sure but they may possibly be able to look at amending your package too,  but that may depend upon any outstanding balance being cleared.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Lee_T,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your billing at the moment. Please can you advise what you need help with and I will be able to assist you further?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L

Lee_T
On our wavelength

Hi Steven, 

thanks for responding.  I am having a bit of a cash flow issue at the moment and it seems that my bill last month was unpaid due to insufficient funds.  I didn't realise at the time and now there is a demand for last months bill and this months.  Last month was £104 plus a £7.50 late fee but then of course there is this months bill as well.

The issue is that I have been able to pay the outstanding amount from last month earlier today, but not the full £215 that is due today.  I can pay the rest but I would need another 5 days before I can and I am concerned that my services will be suspended.  

I also wanted to discuss knocking my BB speed down to a lower speed to help avoid this situation going forward.  

Thanks, 

Lee

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Lee,

Give the VM Collections team a call on 0800 052 0360.

They may be able to assist further, possibly setting up a payment plan. I'm not sure but they may possibly be able to look at amending your package too,  but that may depend upon any outstanding balance being cleared.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi again @Lee_T and thank you for letting us know. 

Can I ask if you were able to speak to the collections team as recommended by newapollo or do you still need assistance?

In regards to the package, we cannot arrange package changes vis the forums but you can speak to the team on 0345 454 1111.

Thank you

Lee_T
On our wavelength

Hi Steven, 

I did speak to the collections team.  I had to ultimately pay the remainder on a credit card, but I can sort that out later.

I then had a chat with the team on the number you provided and they were able to reduce my bill to £99 whilst retaining the services I have and freeze that until August 2024 so I am pretty happy with that.

thanks for your help and also to newapollo.

Thanks, 

Lee

This is great to hear and thank you for letting us know @Lee_T 

If you ever do need help in the future please do pop back to the community forums and we will do all we can to assist. 

Lee_T
On our wavelength

Oops, didn't notice that it wasn't Steven that followed up on this.