Menu
Highlighted
hope2b
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Billing - advance payment

Hello

I dislike calling VM as getting through to someone who can help usually takes forever. 

I decided to pay next month's bill in advance, before being issued the bill via e-mail. It's the same amount every month. When will this show up on my account, or will it? Will I still get a bill at the middle of next month? 

Thanks for your help.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Billing - advance payment

@hope2b wrote:

Hello

I dislike calling VM as getting through to someone who can help usually takes forever. 

I decided to pay next month's bill in advance, before being issued the bill via e-mail. It's the same amount every month. When will this show up on my account, or will it? Will I still get a bill at the middle of next month? 

Thanks for your help.

Yeah you'd think that wouldn't you? However the VM system ignores any payment made out of cycle and your DD will remain the same amount. The "additional" payment will appear as credit on your next billing cycle.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
hope2b
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I pay manually, not by Direct Debit.
Does that make a difference? 😕
0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

No, thats sweet then. You can pay your bill as far ahead as you like- in fact if you overpay it will be deducted from your next bill provided the payment was made 24 hrs before the production of your next bill.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
happywithmy350
Well-informed
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks this answered my own question too. It used to wipe the balance when you made a payment -what a crap system
0 Kudos