Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Billing Query

Hi I've been trying to contact virgin for several weeks regarding my account, but have been unsuccessful. I get no answers from the live chat, on the rare occasion somebody does respond, it's to tell me I've come through to home moves and they'll transfer me. It doesn't happen! I call up and wait on the phone for an age, only for the phone to go dead. I tried to contact you on twitter only to be told to contact you this way. I understand you're under staffed,but so is everybody else and they all seem to manage. 

Over the past few months my virgin media service has become very poor. Internet connection pleases itself, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't, TV has gone off on numerous occasions, last month we added BTSport to the account which is £16.20, added to my package of £56 works out at £72.20. Yet we were charged £91.06. Then this weekend I tried to watch football on BTSport on the Virgin Go app as I was working away. I couldn't find BTSport option on the channels and the channels I could see were not playing on the app. I tried to reinstall, tried to reset channels but nothing worked. My daughter was home and couldn't even access any of it on her devices. Yet today we can access it no problem.

I'm sorry for my rant, but I've been a customer for around 20yrs and rely on the internet as I work from home a lot of the time but I'm really at the end of my tether with the poor service and poor customer service. Your prices are increasing all the time but service has deteriorated rapidly. In the near future when fibre nation becomes available, I will seriously be contemplating switching as I seriously doubt the service could be any worse than what you currently provide.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Billing Query

Hi Katcando,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community forums. I'm sorry to hear that you have this experience, it sounds like you are having quite a few things occurring at the same time. I can resolve a few of these but we need to clarify them one at a time:

• "Internet connection pleases itself, sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't,"  Are you able to elaborate on this and is this still occurring? Are you meaning WIFI or overall connection? What are the behaviours of the hub? We do have a service status checker that can advise what might be happening with your connections here virg.in/service
  •  
  • "TV has gone off on numerous occasions" We can also check on this with the service checker, but if you have any specific errors then we can look further into this for you.
  •  
  • "last month we added BTSport to the account which is £16.20, added to my package of £56 works out at £72.20. Yet we were charged £91.06" This can be due to it being the first bill which will be a prorated bill, showing the date from when the service was added and the next month.
  •  
  • " I couldn't find BTSport option on the channels and the channels I could see were not playing on the app. I tried to reinstall, tried to reset channels but nothing worked." Can you clarify which options or channels you weren't able to find on the app?

Again, apologies that you weren't able to get through to the right team to get these sorted. If you are still having any of these issues, please provide some more detail and I'll be happy to look into this for you.

Cheers,

Corey C

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

The internet problem is the overall connection and its intermittent which is very annoying when trying to work from home. It's the exact same with the TV.

As I said in my previous message BT Sport was my main issue with Virgin GO on Sunday it just wasn't showing on the App. Apparently this was the same for several customers according to your forums. However when I tried other channels on the App, they were showing but not playing.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey Katcando,

I have looked into your account and can see that you have issues with the power levels with your connection to the network, this may also be causing issues with your on demand services and apps such as Netflix and Amazon Prime.

This will need an engineer visit to resolve the issue that you're having. I will drop you over a private message in a moment and we can get the visit booked in, once you have passed account security.

Regarding BT sport on TV GO, this should now be resolved and working over the TV GO app once again

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos