cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Billing Issue

Scott1sh
Tuning in

On the 30th of May, I upgraded my package from M200 TO M500 for £10.80 and this was due to increase my monthly charge from £28.00 to £38.80

Originally I spoke to a moderator via PMs on here and I was told my bill would have a rolling credit of £22.00 every month, which hasn't appeared on this month's bill.

My bill came in and I was shocked to see that it was £74.88

I phoned and spoke to a customer service agent a few weeks ago (don't remember exact date) and spent nearly an hour on the phone

She informed me my bill was wrong and struggled to work out the pro-rata credit I was due back, after being on hold for around 10 minutes she then informed me that my bill was an error and I wouldn't have to pay until 4th August at the price of £38.80

I have just been debited £74.88 despite being told otherwise by the customer agent on the phone, so either she was mistaken or just flat out lied.

I just don't understand how an upgrade of £10.80 translates to nearly £75, even with pro-rated bill adjustments it shouldn't be anywhere near that

I wish I never upgraded and saved myself all this hassle.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello Scotti1sh,

Thanks for you post and sorry to see you've had this price confusion after this package change.

From what you posted above, we can see there is a credit of £22 applied, as seen at the end of your price breakdown above.
It seems that we also included some pro-rate charges from one package to the other based on the dates included in the bill and when these changes took effect.

However, we are happy to offer support and have a closer look into this for you so we make sure you haven't been overcharged.
To check this further, I'm going to send you a PM. 
Please check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope. Click this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

… and what does the detail on the bill suggest the reason for the high number?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Package changes
£36.08
Your package has changed. We've adjusted your services as requested from 30 May. These changes apply to the period charged on your last bill.

Credits (for services removed)
Broadband:
M200 Fibre Broadband
30 May - 01 Jul

Charges (for services added)
M500 Fibre Broadband
30 May - 01 Jul

Your package
£60.80
Your package for the next period covers 02 July - 01 August

Bundle Charges
£60.80
As you've made some changes since your last bill, this section and its values might look a little different. Anything you've removed will no longer appear here, likewise, anything new you've added will be included.
Broadband:
M500 Fibre Broadband

Other charges & credits
Discount Correction 01 June Cr £22.00

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello Scotti1sh,

Thanks for you post and sorry to see you've had this price confusion after this package change.

From what you posted above, we can see there is a credit of £22 applied, as seen at the end of your price breakdown above.
It seems that we also included some pro-rate charges from one package to the other based on the dates included in the bill and when these changes took effect.

However, we are happy to offer support and have a closer look into this for you so we make sure you haven't been overcharged.
To check this further, I'm going to send you a PM. 
Please check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope. Click this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs