Menu
h0h0h0
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Bill

I do not have a VM account. Someone else's bill is being sent to my email. I have informed the person who the bill is for, but still it happens. How can this be fixed?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bill

The person who the bills are for will have to inform Virgin and get the email amended

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
h0h0h0
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Strange response, because I have not, as per GDPR, provided VM with consent to send me emails. I already have informed the bill owner. So, unless VM have a process to verify email addresses they are not in compliance with GDPR. How do I make a complaint to VM as a prelude to a complaint to the ICO?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Thanks for pointing this out h0h0h0.

Would be able to contact our data protection team? The following link shows how you can get in contact with the team virginmedia.com/GDPR.

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos
wez
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You'd need to open a complaint via the web form. As part of the process would be they would need to confirm you were correct (you send an email when requested from the address). It can then be removed from the account.

Of course a Mod might see this in a few days and be able to do it quicker - but it might be worth starting the procedure above.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
h0h0h0
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for this. I have forwarded the email to the contact on the GDPR page you linked to.
0 Kudos
h0h0h0
Joining in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thank you, I have forwarded the email to the data protection team as suggested by the forum team. I am not sure which web form you are referring to? I did have a small browse around the VM website but the contact form I found seems to be about service or billing issues for subscribers.
0 Kudos