cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill increasing to £44 from £24

Skoosha
Tuning in

I've got the M100 fibre this is from email today.... Is this a mistake?

"Like many of our customers, you've been enjoying a lower price of £24.00 a month with us. When your contract comes to an end on 14/03/2022, it will then change to £44.00 a month."

There's also mention of another price increase...

"As detailed in your contract with us, your plan is subject to a price increase, which is not reflected in the figure above. We’ll be in touch by 28th February 2022 separately regarding your price rise."

Doesn't look like they want to retain customers...

Cheers

6 REPLIES 6

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

its not a mistake - you are coming to the end of your contract as it says and your discounts are ending it would all have been in your welcome email and shown on your account

you need to contact retentions and see what they can offer - look at what orter providers are offering so you can give some examples - speed is not an issue just what you could get elsewhere if you left - you will not get a new user deal but something near

dial 150 or 0345 454 1111 and follow the prompts to - 'thinking of leaving us' - dont worry about that they do much more - open 8am -10pm 7 days a week - should take you to a UK call centre

theres a freephone number 0800 052 0422. You need option 4 to speak to retentions

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Huxley123
On our wavelength

In order to get the price you ate paying now or better, give 30 day notice of cancelation. You will get an offer, say no. Yoh will get another offer on teh same call. Say no. Say you want to proceed with cancellation. The next day you will get a phone call asking why you are leaving  and then will get an offer. Say you will think about it. You'll be told that it teh east offer and only availble right now. Say no. Uoh will get another calk a few days later... ask if it is subject to yearly price increases. Accept if not. Check the contract when it comes through. Uou have a cooling off period anyway. Yoh van cancel the notice for cancellation up to day 29. If this advice has helped, please make a donation to any charity of your choice for the savings this had made to you first months bill, so that could be £20. 

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

@Huxley123 wrote:

In order to get the price you ate paying now or better, give 30 day notice of cancelation. You will get an offer, say no. Yoh will get another offer on teh same call. Say no. Say you want to proceed with cancellation. The next day you will get a phone call asking why you are leaving  and then will get an offer. Say you will think about it. You'll be told that it teh east offer and only availble right now. Say no. Uoh will get another calk a few days later... ask if it is subject to yearly price increases. Accept if not. Check the contract when it comes through. Uou have a cooling off period anyway. Yoh van cancel the notice for cancellation up to day 29. If this advice has helped, please make a donation to any charity of your choice for the savings this had made to you first months bill, so that could be £20. 

lots of this will happen or that will happen

it might or it might not there is no guarantee to any of the stages detailed, if the calls do not come then you have to be prepared to leave as you will have given 30 days notice

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Wow, some great info.. Thanks so much Tony, appreciated.

Will give it a try, though my contract ends on the 14th of this month, I seem something in the contract that I'm supposed to cancel it sometime in February... That's just crazy as the contract is supposed to end in its own..

Will try calling again, was too early to speak to someone last time.

Cheers

Just noticed it was Huxley123 that gave the advice, Thanks mate...

I called and got it for another 18 months for the same price, will save the hassle of transferring to another supplier, I'm happy with the service and used to the price so all is good..

Cheers guys

Hey @Skoosha,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post.
I'm really glad that you have been able to get another 18 months of our services for the same price and also that our amazing community members advised you how to do this.

Please let us know if you have any more issues or need any further assistance.

Regards,

Steven_L