Menu
MissH
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Bill incorrect need help

I have been sent a final bill due end October (reflecting October use) for the full amount despite services ending on 14 October. I don’t have hours to wait on the phone and Renjini on the text service couldn’t be bothered to try and resolve the problem and has not responded since this morning. No response on Twitter. Can anyone deal with this? 

I was also advised to ring a number than ended up with me being charged £8.33 on my mobile. How can I get this reimbursed?? 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bill incorrect need help

Hi MissH,

There's a freephone number 0800 052 0422

Are you sure it's the final bill and not just the usual monthly bill?

Hopefully this will shed some light on how the final billing works.

When you cancel by  giving the 30 days notice period your are billed up until the date of disconnection. In this time if another bill has been produced before your disconnection date it will show that your are going to be charged for the month going forward. 

Once your disconnection goes through any advance charges on your account will be refunded back to you and you will receive a final revised bill with the correct amount owed.

If you are left with any credits on your account after the disconnection of your services you will be sent a cheque refund 45 days after disconnection.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
MissH
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

My connection was meant to end Oct 2nd but then had to be extended to Oct 9th and then again to Oct 14th - always as a result of Virgin Media’s incompetence with transferring my old number to Sky. Unlike Sky, I end up on hold for hours at a time which I’ve already tried the past couple of days and not willing to try again. Attached is my bill as stated on the website. My direct debit has long been cancelled.

6DB665B9-6FDA-4794-8A48-12E0F33CA0CA.png

0 Kudos
Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi MissH,

Thanks for posting and welcome to our community 🙂

I'm sorry for any confusion with the billing, I've been able to locate your account using your forum details and can see you've been able to speak to an agent about this.

If you do still need help with anything please let us know.

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
MissH
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

Thanks for your message. After waiting all day, the bill issue was clarified but I have still not been able to get word on reimbursing the £8.33 I incurred after being advised to call what turned out to be a premium line. Clearly no one works at the weekend at virgin media. I was transferred to the mobile department even though I clearly explained it was nothing to do with mobile as I’m with O2. 

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your response MissH,

Can you tell me what number you called that was a premium number? Can you also advise if this was on your landline phone or via your O2 mobile?

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
MissH
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

The number was 08454541111. It was made from my O2 mobile at 18:42 on 22 Sept 2020 and will correlate with a note made on my account. The call lasted 24:40 and I have been charged £8.33. 

0 Kudos
David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me MissH

Can you please advise me where this number came from? Do you have a link to any Virgin Media website that promotes this number to call?

The number we would require customers to call is 0345 454 1111 and is charged at local landline rates. This would mean that any minutes you have on your mobile phone tariff would cover this call and further charges would not be issued.

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

0 Kudos
MissH
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

0 Kudos
MissH
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Further to provision of the above link, please advise how I obtain the reimbursement. I have had no luck today getting through and can't dedicate much more time to this. 

0 Kudos