cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill going up again!!!

obanite89
Dialled in

I was on here a couple of months ago about my contract with VM, last time a renegotiated my contract a year ago I was promised no price increase in the 18 month period, I had just signed a very good deal with sky and was in the cooling off period ,so stayed. I have been a customer over twenty years so usually smarter that than this but took her word verbally and since then VM keep trying to put my bill up. last time was a couple of months ago where an advisor on here helped me and got the rise credited to my contact end and I though that was the end of it.

Now I have just got told my bill was going up again by £8.50 last week. Is this what it has come to that customers need to get everything in writing now .This is definitely the last straw for me I am not phoning up again, I just don't have the time. 

17 REPLIES 17

mart1969
Superfast

Good luck getting through on the phone!!!!

Is it that bad now 🙂 Going to start looking for Sky deals if I can get through to cancel that is.

Hi obanite89,

Thanks for posting on our community forums. 

Any discount that you've been offered for the 12/18 months will still be honoured, so if you accepted a fixed price then you'll receive that until the end of the discount period. If you accepted a £ or % amount off, this will also continue to be honoured but you will see your price increase from March 1st. 

We will advise you in your communication how the price change will affect your deal. 

We appreciate you are not happy having to call and speak to us again due to the amount of time it has taken previously for your call to be answered. Unfortunately, as we're unable to deal with package changes through our community forums, we would suggest giving our retentions team a call on 150/0345 454 1111 option 1, 4 then 4 again. 

Our team will be able to assist you further with this query.

Kind regards Jodi. 

Thanks for that but I think you may have misread my question, I honestly don't want to change my package. All I want is what I was told I would get and that is that I wouldn't get a price rise during my contract if I took out a new one which I did. I was obviously lied to as this is the third time now VM have tried to put the price up and yes the last one was dealt with a mod/advisor on this forum, I honestly thought that would be the end of it until my contract expired in May but last week I was told by email of another £8.50 price rise. Thats a 14% price rise on my bill. What company in Britain puts their price up that much? At least if you cant help maybe some people reading this might realise what they are getting into when they take out a new contract with VM.

This will be same company who can change your contract status without letting you know..... October 2021 got letter which advised contract has ended. Nothing on that letter states after 2 months we'll change contract status to accepted without communicating with you !? Oh & by the way from 1st March there'll be a monthly bill increase.... 

We always balance our prices with the need to continue investing in our network, products and services to meet customer need. At a time when customers are using our services more than ever, and our costs are going up, we need to review our prices.

We introduced a change in price for existing Virgin Media customers in March of 2021, any other change in price since then will be due to an agreed discount expiring. You should have received notification of that expiry to explain this, and it would also be visible in your contract.

Beth

Beth

Nope all my discounts end May 22nd as I said when I signed up over a year ago I was promised my bill wouldn’t go up.Honestly I am not a new customer by the way, I know ho it works. I have spent the last twenty years haggling with VM every twelve months, now I seem to be on the phone every couple of months.As for the massive price rise it’s like every thing else if you price people out of the market they will go elsewhere.Just fed up being lied to.

Tucked away in section J of my T&Cs it says

4. We and/or Virgin Media Payments may change our
charges at any time. Any changes to our monthly charges
will be published by us on the Virgin Media website and
we will also give you notice of the change(s) at least 30
days before the changes take effect and you may cancel
the services affected in accordance with paragraph N.6
without paying an early disconnection fee.

Unfortunately few of us read all the details. I think this is significant enough to be highlighted when negotiating a new deal and should be on the first page of the contract, not hidden away on page 6

Hi obanite89,

I am really sorry that you do feel this way, and for the experience you've had with us over the years.

I'll pop you over a PM now so I can get a complaint raised for you.

Kind regards

Beth