cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill dispute has placed account in default

Momspaghetti
Tuning in

Hi,

I was a Virgin Media customer in Bristol from November 2020 to April 2021. 

The plan I signed up to included both TV and broadband.

An installation engineer was booked and service switched off on Monday 2nd November. Unfortunately the installation engineer did not have any of the right equipment for the job, neither the Router or TiVo box, and had to reschedule to Wednesday. Meanwhile our apartment was left without broadband during remote working in between lockdown.

After almost 6 hours of phone calls getting blocked by and placed on hold by Virgin Media customer service support I finally arrived at this forum and found an excellent support engineer who was able to find a loophole to use our previously existing Virgin Media Hub to activate our internet.

The installation engineer came on Wednesday and once again, did not have the right equipment. We rescheduled again, but the third time they did not attend or call to inform us or reschedule. We continued on until April with no equipment delivered and only the broadband service working via the old Hub.

In April I moved back to my parents which had an existing Virgin Media contract. Since the two contracts would clash, Virgin Media demanded an early termination fee. I said that Virgin Media failed to deliver on the full contract since we never received TV or installation services. No follow up has happened since then but a Virgin Media account default has shown up in my credit report with the early termination fee.

I would like to dispute this mark on my credit record and negotiate a way forward. Please could you let me know how I might proceed, or which relevant department, email or phone number I could contact to follow up this issue?

Kind regards,

San

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey there @Momspaghetti,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear about the issue with your original installation, what we will need to do in this instance is confirm a few things from your account with you in order to find out what has happened with the install and subsequent services, so what I'm going to do is send you a private message.

If you haven't used the private message function in the past you can find them on the home page and then by clicking the purple envelope in the top right hand corner of the screen.

Speak to you soon. Joe

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey there @Momspaghetti,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear about the issue with your original installation, what we will need to do in this instance is confirm a few things from your account with you in order to find out what has happened with the install and subsequent services, so what I'm going to do is send you a private message.

If you haven't used the private message function in the past you can find them on the home page and then by clicking the purple envelope in the top right hand corner of the screen.

Speak to you soon. Joe