Menu
Robsmithers
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Bill credit

Hi 

Signed up to VM broadband a month ago because I was moving house. I did this through the refer a friend link and also had the choice of a welcome gift which is chose £50 credit. I then received confirmation of my order to say the £50 welcome credit and the £50 refer a friend would be added to my bill. 

Today I received my bill and there is my welcome credit but not the refer a friend credit. I phoned up and at first I was told it's already been added to the bill which it hadn't so the call handler checked with his team and said that this gets added after 45 days. I am confused because on the VM website it clearly states that this will be added to the first bill. Can anyone clarify? I don't want this to be something they try and put off until I forget!! To make matters worse the broadband has to be rebooted at least every 2 days and is really unreliable lets hope the engineer can fix! 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bill credit

Usually the RAF credit comes in to play on the 2nd bill if I remember.

Why does your broadband have to be reset every two days? It should be working fine without needing resets for wired devices. Or is it a wireless issue?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Robsmithers
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that. I'll make sure I check my second bill. The internet has been really hit and miss sometimes its fine with no issues then other times it's been awful with a download speed of less than 1mb, the app wouldn't even load! Like I said I've got an engineer on Tuesday hopefully they can get to the bottom of it. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Good Morning Robsmithers,

Have you been able to chat with your friend to see if there refer a friend credit has been added?

Do please keep us all updated with the technicians visit, hopefully this can resolve the broadband issue for you

Kindest regards,

David 

0 Kudos
Robsmithers
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks David for your reply. Since the technician has been the broadband has been working really well and as expected. Regarding the RAF credit I received my second bill and this has still not been added which is contrary to what I was told on the phone by a VM operator. I have asked the person who referred me originally and they have also not received this credit. 

Any ideas? 

0 Kudos
Robsmithers
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Further to this I have just spoken to VM on the phone and they have told me that I need to " get the account and password of the friend that referred me and call again with these details so they can check his account". I quizzed them about data protection and they didn't appear to be that fussed. I suggested it might be more appropriate for my friend to call directly. At the start of the conversation I was told this credit has been applied then at the end I was told it's not showing on the account?? 

I really feel that I'm completely being fobbed off with mis information and lied to. Surely it shouldn't be this hard, I have an email confirmation when i joined with all the information and credit but apparently doesn't show on their system. 

Any help greatly appreciated. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for coming back to me Robsmithers

I'd like to take a closer look into this for you

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for message from me

Kindest regards

David_Bn