cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bill Payment changes

nox808
Dialled in

Both on the virgin media app and the website you have removed the ability to pay anytime. When selecting Make a Payment it takes you to the screen attached. There's no way to make a payment. 

I can only think you've done this to force customers down a direct debit path. It was very convenient and easy to manage for me to pay £25 every Friday. Now i have no choice but to wait for the full bill. 

_20220419_223423.JPG

9 REPLIES 9

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @nox808

Thanks for posting on our community forum!

My apologies for the inconvenience and we do appreciate all feedback. Payments could be made manually if you give us a call on 150 or 0345 454 1111 alternatively.

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Oh my god, who wants to spend time making a payment over the phone? That doesn't answer the question as to why the facility was removed.

BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@nox808 wrote:

Both on the virgin media app and the website you have removed the ability to pay anytime. When selecting Make a Payment it takes you to the screen attached. There's no way to make a payment. 

I can only think you've done this to force customers down a direct debit path. It was very convenient and easy to manage for me to pay £25 every Friday. Now i have no choice but to wait for the full bill. 

_20220419_223423.JPG

What happens if you follow the options here https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payment/make-a-payment

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own

Thanks for coming back to us @nox808 and I will be sure to pass on your feedback once again.

Have you tried the link that @BenMcr, provided to see if you can pay via that method?

Regards,

Steven_L

Yes it takes you the same screen as I posted. There's no longer anyway to pay if you're up to date with the account. 

Thanx @BenMcr Unfortunately it eventually takes you to the screen in my OP. 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi nox808, 

Thank you for letting us know. 

Can you please try clicking here. The link is similar to the one sent by BenMcr so you will just need to pop in the details requested.  Could you then let us know how you get on?

Thank you 

Nat

Hello. Yes that link worked. However it doesn't remember any card details saved to the account. But yes a payment can be made.

Thank you.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi nox808

Thanks for letting us know the link worked for you. 

We will get this fed back to the business for review. 

Thanks

Nat