Menu
robertcandey
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Bill Itemisation

Is it possible to get a bill that distinguishes the cost of Broadband from the cost of the TV?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bill Itemisation

You have a bundle.

The itemisation for your bill is:

1 Bundle = £X per month.

You don't have 2 individual services so you cannot get a breakdown of each cost. You can however use the shop to get the price for each individual service on its own, however it won't be completely accurate in your case as bundles come with a bundle discount.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Shafreya wrote:
…..
You don't have 2 individual services so you cannot get a breakdown of each cost. You can however use the shop to get the price for each individual service on its own, however it won't be completely accurate in your case as bundles come with a bundle discount.

Well while conceptually correct. ……   it still depends who you contact and what exact detail you, and/or. the OP require?  

Forget offshore  L1/2 but if you're re-negotiating "12/18month loyalty. discounts" via UK Retentions then for several years UKCS  have  provided me on request the basic individual service costs  then total bundle & loyalty discounts.   They don't  itemise the individual discounts within bundle, only the total bundle discount, which I suspect @Shafreya  is alluding too?

So  as  March2019* example for my provisioning* :

• V200 BB              £53.80
  • Full HouseTV      £37.05
  • V6                         £5
  • Talk AnyTime.       £8
  • VoiceMail extra     £2.25
  • TOTAL BASIC  £106.10

The. bundle (&loyalty**)  discounts then  reduced the pcm fee to £65.25

NB: [*] (Un)fortunately some/most of my previous years examples included billing adjustments/credits for Trialing hardware and additional (TV and BB service) provisions so I can't disclose these for obvious reasons.   

[**] Don't get too excited about "loyalty discounts" - I've never paid Admin or Install  fees for any service upgrade other than £10 when initially migrating from C&W Analog> NTL Digital(DOCSIS) back in late 90's and subsequent upgrade  from TV STB with embedded CM(1mbps tier) to SACM/10mbps around 2003.

Loyalty works out at average of £1 for every contiguous 4 yrs (inc suffering the words of fools….……. since 2009 website launch).   Smiley Tongue 

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Robert.

Unless it's changed, the only option to itemise services comes on the VAT receipt bills. 

If you have a business (or need this for business purposes and your business is happy to provide this to you) and can provide a VAT registration number to VM they can arrange to send a separate VAT receipt to you monthly which is produced on the 1st of each month regardless of when your original bill is produced. This is not a 2nd bill of course, just a copy of the original with VAT, and used to be broken down by service.

I can't find any online examples of these bills to illustrate other than the ones from the online VM Business PDF which I've snipped below.

If the residential  VAT bills still produce this way and you have a VAT registration number then just contact Billing via 150 or 0345 454 1111 to arrange this.

vm business vat receipt.PNG

Hope this helps Smiley Very Happy

Kaz

Ex VM employee. Just here to help Smiley Happy
0 Kudos
Highlighted
machineghost
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tony

Do you also pay line rental separately?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I believe line rental shows on the bill separately.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
All posts made are personal opinions as I do not work for VirginMedia.
Kudo's a post if you find it useful and want to say thanks
Mark a post as a helpful answer if it answers your question

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@machineghost wrote:

Hi Tony

Do you also pay line rental separately?

Yes LRS is Jan/Feb  annually  (for me)but at least in my area "billing" is only partly included:

I won't get monthly bill  till next working day between. 24th-26th but here's January's:

Screenshot 2019-04-21 at 09.18.53.png

The LRS "payment/renewal charge" will only be included on the billing month as we can see. in lower part of bill above  and thus subsequently not included in future months (until next annual renewal  date if chosen). Apart from the next LRS reminder date at the top part of bill then £16.33 average is not shown in PhoneLineRental Total (£0.00).

So package total in (real average terms) is £66.25 + £16.33 = £82.58 in my example.

However because  VM billing is based on multiple area codes/regions  which are/were an homologation of even more historical Cable franchises then YMMV !  Smiley Sad

Regards Tony
"Life is a Binary Inspired Turing Computed Hologram"(don't PM or @Mention me - in case ignoring you offends)
0 Kudos