Menu
Highlighted
brads
Dialled in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Best deal

The only way for me to get the best deal from Virgin is to leave them for a year,and go to Sky,they do a loyalty program so people may be tempted to stay with them.Why cant Virgin offer a good deal for existing customers,that way most people would stay with them.

0 Kudos
DreamOfCheese
Rising star
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Best deal

You can call Virgin up and negotiate a loyalty discount as some people elsewhere on the forum have mentioned, however the reason existing customers don't get the introductory offers is that they're temporary offers to entice people to sign up with Virgin, giving them to all existing customers is akin to just reducing prices, which for all of Virgins millions of customers would be a pretty hefty hit in the revenue.
brads
Dialled in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I was thinking along the lines of if I got a new deal I would sign up for two years,that way Virgin would gain.

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

to get the best deals you do have to change regularly on anything really. sky though have announced prices are going up in april.

as for their 'loyalty' programme. what they offer i think is an insult. anything remotely decent requires over 5000 days of continued 'loyalty'

getting a loyalty discount as a current customer, would mean phoning in and haggling, 150, thinking of leaving option. sky do the same as do bt. new customers always get the best deals.
0 Kudos
brads
Dialled in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I know that very well I have been with Sky twice, Virgin twice and BT once.If Virgin offered a new deal one year at a discount and the second year at full price I would probably go for it.

0 Kudos
DreamOfCheese
Rising star
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Virgin do offer a deal for one year at a discount, that's the entire premise of new customer introductory offers.
0 Kudos
brads
Dialled in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Every time Sky raise the price Virgin do the same.They all do it every year.I am out of contract now so I could move anywhere.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@brads wrote:

I know that very well I have been with Sky twice, Virgin twice and BT once.If Virgin offered a new deal one year at a discount and the second year at full price I would probably go for it.

Good to hear.

Now you've had your year's discount, you'll want to follow through with your year at full price.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
brads
Dialled in
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

That's not what I mean,I would have a new 2 year contract,the first year what is being offered to new customers and the second year at full price.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi Brads, 

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear you're not happy.

Have you spoken with our Retention's team to see what they can offer? 

^Martin

0 Kudos