cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bereavement

Munbun
Joining in

Hello. 

My father has passed away and the Virgin Media account was in his name.  I would like the account to be transferred to my mothers name as she lives at the same address and is using the current services provided by Virgin Media.

The package includes TV, Broadband and landline phone.  We do not want to change this so we want to keep the current email address and landline phone number with Virgin Media.  The direct debit is coming out of their joint account so the bank account number and sort code will be the same.

Can this be done without any interruption to services please?  We are making funeral arrangements and really need to be able to communicate with others.

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Munbun, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us via the Community. We're really sorry to hear about your father and are sending our condolences. 🤍

If you want to transfer the service to your mum’s name without any other changes to the package levels, simply download and complete this Bereavement Transfer form, and email it back to us. The return email address is included on the form. Once you have sent the form back, we will update the account within 7 days.

If you want to make changes to the services, such as the level of TV Channels you have or broadband speed, at the same time as transferring it into mum’s name, then please give us a call on 0800 952 2302. You can call us between 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 5pm on Saturdays. We are not open on Sundays.

Please keep us posted on how things go and if you need anything else, you know where we are. 

Many thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Munbun, 

Thanks for getting in touch with us via the Community. We're really sorry to hear about your father and are sending our condolences. 🤍

If you want to transfer the service to your mum’s name without any other changes to the package levels, simply download and complete this Bereavement Transfer form, and email it back to us. The return email address is included on the form. Once you have sent the form back, we will update the account within 7 days.

If you want to make changes to the services, such as the level of TV Channels you have or broadband speed, at the same time as transferring it into mum’s name, then please give us a call on 0800 952 2302. You can call us between 8am to 8pm Monday to Friday and 9am to 5pm on Saturdays. We are not open on Sundays.

Please keep us posted on how things go and if you need anything else, you know where we are. 

Many thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Munbun
Joining in

Thank you Kath_F

Thanks for replying.

I really wanted confirmation that the current email address and landline number will continue to be the same after the account is transferred to my mothers name.

I have heard that some bereaved families have been cut off during this process and their accounts closed.  I am worried this might happen to us.

Thanks

Munbun

Thanks for the reply @Munbun on the Virgin Media Community forums.

May I ask if you are referring to an email that has been created under the My Virgin Media profile? Or the email registered on the account?
Regarding the landline, the landline will remain the same as the account is continuing and will not cease, it would only cease if the account is closed, in this case due to the circumstances (condolences from the team here at Virgin Media 🤍), the account will continue but in a new name.

I hope I have clarified.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

Hi there.

Thanks for replying. The email address will be one issued by VM. Its an ntlworld email.

Can this be kept the same if the account holder name is changed?

Thanks

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Munbun 

Thanks for your response!

If the account isn't ceased and a name change just takes place no emails would be affected and you'd still be able to access this 🙂

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

@Travis_M wrote:

Hi @Munbun 

Thanks for your response!

If the account isn't ceased and a name change just takes place no emails would be affected and you'd still be able to access this 🙂

Regards

Thanks for all your responses.

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Munbun 

Thanks for your response

You're very welcome, please do be sure to contact us if you require any further assistance in the future. Have a great day 🙂

Travis_M
Forum Team