cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Benefit reduction

silvasonic
On our wavelength

I have just seen a snippet on my yahoo browser about a £15 contract for people on universal credit.

Does this also apply to pension credit ?  Apparently BT are offering this later in the year also.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks ,Silvasonic.

28 REPLIES 28

Anonymous
Not applicable

I will, but this is really an issue which affects thousands of people and should be reconsidered by VirginMedia.

Zoie_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi DooleyDog, 

We appreciate your feedback which we will pass on to the relevant team.

Zoie

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you.

On receiving the price increase letter I applied for the BT Home Essential deal for Pension Credit which is being installed soon. Being under the impression we pay in advance I am a little puzzled to receive a new bill payable the day after disconnection. Is this correct ?  There is no mention of contract termination on my account page. I would like to know as I wish to cancel my direct debit in a timely order. Appreciate any comments , Silvasonic.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Have you advised Virgin Media that you wish to cancel?

Ordering with BT will not cancel Virgin Media. You must cancel Virgin Media directly.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Oh yes ! I spent the best part of an hour cancelling, that is how I know the disconnection date. They battled furiously to retain me with reducing prices but to no avail. I am tired of this repeating need to haggle , also , there are more companies to pick from who use the Outreach system and switching will be much simpler in the future.

A comment on my bill question will be appreciated , Thanks, Silvasonic.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The billing cycle continues, pending actual disconnection. You must pay this bill and a final bill will then show any credit on account which will be repaid by cheque. This is done so anyone cancelling has a final chance to cancel the cancellation within the 30 day notice period. This is also the period when outbound retentions may phone you to offer a deal you may wish to take up to stay.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you for taking the time to deal with my question. Silvasonic.

Hi @silvasonic

I am sorry to hear you are leaving us.

The bills are system generated and produced automatically even if there is a pending disconnection on the account. 

As @Ernie_C has mentioned, any payment made for services past the date of disconnection will be refunded to you via cheque refund.

If you have any further questions around this please pop me a reply and I would be happy to help.

Vikki - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hi Vikki , thanks for info. Disconnection date is 23/02 and my payment date is 24/02 , is it likely the money will be collected ? I will not be making any phone calls in this period. Silva sonic.