cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Benefit reduction

silvasonic
On our wavelength

I have just seen a snippet on my yahoo browser about a £15 contract for people on universal credit.

Does this also apply to pension credit ?  Apparently BT are offering this later in the year also.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks ,Silvasonic.

28 REPLIES 28

Hi @silvasonic you're welcome.

I can't provide any concrete information publicly regarding your services, so I'll pop you a PM to ask you to confirm some details where we can discuss this in a more private setting to put your mind at ease.

Please expect this PM to arrive soon and reply directly!

Many thanks

Tom_W

silvasonic
On our wavelength

Tom ,where do I access a PM , is it by email ?  Silvasonic.

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

PMs are accessed in the forum by clicking the envelope, top right of the page:

0AC8EDF0-143C-4196-86FE-5E217278F804.jpeg

You should also get advised of the PM being available by email.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

silvasonic
On our wavelength

This is my last post as I am now fully transferred. Good Luck and Best Wishes to All. Silvasonic.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi silvasonic, 

Thank you for updating the thread and for your patience whilst we assisted you with this matter. 

I am happy to hear this has now all been sorted and do please get in touch if we can assist in the future. 

Thanks 

Nat

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi Zoie_P

Is there any news back from the 'team' regarding provision of a better 'Essentials' package, pehaps similar to that provided by the BT Unlimited Fibre Home Essentials deal at £15 per month, including 35Mb broadband and 700 minutes of calls, available to people on all income related benefits.

I have been with VirginMedia for a very long time now and really do not want to change, but the package currently on offer is not suitable or available to me. I urgently need to get something like the BT deal because of my severe disability and low income.

Thank you for getting back to us @Anonymous.

We truly do appreciate your feedback and we can assure you we have forwarded this to our team for future improvements. There aren't any current changes made as of yet however you can check here for updates  https://www.virginmedia.com/help/essential-bb.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kamariah
On our wavelength

Just to add another voice calling for this to be extended to 'legacy' benefits like ESA.  I too will be leaving Virgin as soon as I can extricate myself...

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sad day in a way... I have had my new BT Smart Hub 2 installed and set up and have given notice to Virginmedia, after being with them for around ten years.

The new package is just £15.00 per month, with no RPI increases or early exit charges, for unlimited 36Mb broadband and 700 anytime minutes. It is actually running at around 38Mb. My current M50 / Talk Weekends package has just gone up to £48.25, so as I'm not eligible for Virgin Essential Broadband I have little option on my low income due to my severe disability.

Virginmedia really need to review their policy of not allowing people on legacy benefits to apply, if the want to avoid losing customers... or perhaps they want it that way for certain customers. In can think of no other explanation 😪