cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Benefit reduction

silvasonic
On our wavelength

I have just seen a snippet on my yahoo browser about a £15 contract for people on universal credit.

Does this also apply to pension credit ?  Apparently BT are offering this later in the year also.

Any information would be appreciated. Thanks ,Silvasonic.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

PMs are accessed in the forum by clicking the envelope, top right of the page:

0AC8EDF0-143C-4196-86FE-5E217278F804.jpeg

You should also get advised of the PM being available by email.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

28 REPLIES 28

DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hello

Have a look at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/register-for-essential-broadband and https://www.virginmedia.com/help/essential-bb as looking at the FAQ this is only for people on Universal Credit.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Thankyou for taking the time to reply . I did some further research and it looks like I will be heading over to the BT offer in due course. Silvasonic.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi silvasonic, 

Thank you for posting to the Community. 

I am very sorry that the offer is only available to customers on Universal Credit. 

Have you spoken to the team to see what deals we can offer for you as we would hate to see you go 😞 

Thanks

Nat

Thankyou for contacting me . I would love to talk to the " Team"  , but sitting on hold for an inordinately long time is not appealing. Having been a customer since before Virgin took over I was enjoying a very acceptable loyalty discount which has now ended. My bill has now doubled , hence my dissatifaction.

Silvasonic.

Hi silvasonic,

Thank you for coming back to us, we are really sorry packages and pricing isn't something we can help with here I am afraid however you can text thinking of leaving to  0753 305 1809 and a member of the team will aim to answer within 24 hours.

If you haven't already you can also check your online account under my offers to see if there are any offers designed for you there?

Kind regards

Paul.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Why is it that VirginMedia only allow people on Universal Credit to obtain this package?

I am severely disabled and on the predesessor to Universal Credit which is Income Related Employment and Support Allowance, or ESA as it is more commonly known. They are in effect provided for identical reasons and at some stage I will be moved across to UC. I do not want to apply voluntarily as it has other implications, but is the mean time it seems I will be discriminated against and not allowed an important cost reduction.

Why was the decision made to not allow ESA claims, or do the people setting it up not understand the benefits system?

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Why not just take the BT product which offers 4 times the speed at the same price and you meet the benefits requirement?

https://www.bt.com/exp/broadband/home-essentials

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thank you Ernie_C

I am seriously considering it once my contract is up in May.

I have been with VirginMedia for a long time and feel it is a stupid situation to be in, as there is no logic as to why they would not be the same as BT, at least for Income Related ESA claimants. Maybe they are trying to help the government in their quest to push people onto UC.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @silvasonic 

Speak to retentions (thinking of leaving us) by dailling 150  from a VM landline or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone, options 1,1,4 and 4.

The best time to call is 8am weekdays or 9am Saturdays when lines first open and are least busy to avoid call queues.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali