cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being overcharged and unable to raise complaint

jammanuk2010
Tuning in

I have just noticed I am being overcharged.

I am on an Oomph contract and pay x a month, I notice I am also paying two other payments.

The online support agent says this is for telephone and talk anywhere, but those are clearly listed as included in my oomph contract.

What is worse is trying to raise this on the virgin media portal is impossible. The site just doesnt work, its constantly asking you to sign back in and on the one occassion I got to fill out a complaint form it just refreshed and didnt save it.

As far as I can see I have been overcharged for over a year and need to get a refund, plus to get VM to stop taking money that isnt authorised.

5 REPLIES 5

jammanuk2010
Tuning in

This is how good the whatsapp.

I waited nearly 30 minutes for a response, got one that didnt say much then 10 minutes later it got terminated because I ddint reply.

The customer service is terrible,

jammanuk2010_0-1652113669359.png

elp is 

Just spoke to someone in call centre, the customer service is atrocious.

Pretty much called me a liar and said it must be some other service or phone, or something else. When I asked him if Id purchased something why wasnt it on my bill and he didnt have a clue.

Then rather than try to help he said we had to go to our bank and get them to sort it out, and claim the money from them. Thats absurd, they have again claimed the money today by direct debit.

So basically I am paying £12 a month for something that doesnt appear on any bill going back last year, and for some reason in the past 3 months Ive started paying another £8 a month that again doesnt feature on any bill.

I have the direct debit references available if that helps, the customer service said thats what would help the bank showing a complete lack of understanding.

Register your complaint (preferably via e-mail so you have a record of it, Virgin like to "lose" complaints), then go here : https://www.virginmedia.com/help/dsar

This will likely trigger a call from the DSAR team looking to resolve the complaint with you to avoid doing the work of collating your data. Hopefully they can resolve this for you. If that doesn't occur, you can refer the complaint to CISAS after Virgin fail to adhere to the 8 week timescale, and they will likely compensate you for your inconvenience and distress.

Keep this in mind, from their complaints policy : ""We’ll try to contact you by your preferred method first. If this is by telephone,
please let us know the best numbers to reach you on. If we miss you, we’ll
drop you a text with our telephone number so you can ring us back when
you’re free during our opening hours.
If we can’t reach you to let you know about our proposed resolution, we’ll
email you instead, or if we haven’t been able to clear Data Protection we’ll
write to your home address. Your case will remain open for 28 days so you’ll
have enough time to review and consider our proposal. If you’re happy with
the resolution, please let us know so we can close your case down. ""

In my experience they will make no effort to adhere to the above and will attempt to bore you out of complaining by never responding, closing complaints without resolutions, not calling back as agreed, arguing with you aggressively (the staff on this forum are fond of this strategy) - save yourself the stress and stick to e-mails, then you can escalate to CISAS if unhappy with the outcome.

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jammanuk2010

Welcome back to our Community Help Forum 🙂

Thank you for making this post regarding the Billing issues you are experiencing, I'm sorry to hear there are charges that don't make sense showing up for you. I would like to take a look further into this, I shall send you a private message now to obtain the details required.

Kind regards,

Serena

Serena_C
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @jammanuk2010

Thank you for responding to my private messages, I'm glad we were able to look into this Billing query and clarify the situation for you! If there's anything else you need please do let me know.

Best wishes,

Serena