cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being charged early cancellation charges although my contract ended 2 years ago.

Mukatsuku
Joining in

Finally, after being given an extraordinary runaround both on the phone and in the dreadful Whatsapp chat system, I have managed to cancel my broadband service because I'm moving.

My contract was for an initial 12 month period, which ended in 2020 and I've been rolling month to month since then.

However, earlier today I received an email from VM, which said "Our agent should’ve let you know that your account is still within the contract period, so there’s an early cancellation fee of £21, which has been added to your final bill."

I wrote back to say that was a mistake and asked that they confirm that this amount will be removed from my bill but they have not responded. Has anyone else experienced this sort of thing and what can I do to get VM to remove the charge?

1 REPLY 1

Adri_G
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello there, Mukatsuku.

Welcome to our community.
We are glad to help with this issue from here, sorry to hear about the email about termination fees and all the confusion caused by it.

I will have a look for you if you wish, for that reason I will PM you now.
Please check the top-right corner of our forum and you should see a purple envelope. Click this and you'll see my message.

Adri
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs