cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been charged twice last month - how to get refund?

laurent2222
Tuning in

I've changed my direct debit details last month, and before doing so I've made a manual payment for the current bill. The problem, is that they've charged me again at the usual date via direct debit, so I've ended up paying twice.

I've tried opening a complain but didn't get an answer.

I've tried calling them, but they ask for letters of my password, so I've provided those of my account, but I think they expect some special security password, which I don't know how to get.

Any idea how I can get a refund for this?

30 REPLIES 30

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello laurent2222

I will able to get this looked at 

We can ask alternative security questions 

Once they have been answered then its just a card refund back into your account 

If you can check the purple envelope top right of your screen that would be great 

Gareth_L

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hello laurent2222

Thanks for passing security 

Just to let you know that card payment has been refunded and will be back in your account in 72 hours 

Going forward each payment will now be taken by Direct Debit on or around the date on your monthly statement 

Gareth_L

That's perfect, thank you Gareth!

Hey, I am having the exact same issue. Could you help me?

Hey @tapati1,

Sorry to hear that you have been charged double this month, I will drop over a private message for you in a moment and we can get this looked into further for you.

Please look out for this message and we can get started.

Regards

Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

The scenario was different on the account that you have made an example of, if we process the refund now by the time it is with you by cheque, the amount will be taken from your account again as your bill will be paid again.

Regards

Steven_L

It is the same situation! I wanted to change my direct debit and IT DIDN'T LET ME DO IT BECAUSE THEY ASKED ME TO PAY MY BILL FIRST so I paid manually and then before i was able to change my direct debit i was charged again! I’m having the same issue and I’m not getting my refund as the other person did. How is it fair? And where do I complain because clearly I’m not treated the same way as the others. 

I cannot go into more detail about another customers account but this was different on the account as to what the customer said on the open forum.

I have checked with my colleague and the refund that you want will take 35 days to be sent to you and our system will prevent us doing that because the next bill is due sooner than 35 days and cannot process the refund because of that.

If you can get in touch with your bank this will be done within 3 working days whereas with Virgin Media it will take 35 days for the refund to be sent out.

Regards

Steven_L

Where and to who do I complain that I paid my bill EARLY the money went to my account or whatever and you STILL CHARGED me AGAIN ???? Where and to who do I complain that you can’t do you job properly and you’re racist because my name is not british?