cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Been billed for the contract I rejected not the one I agreed to

ercarlton
Joining in

made two calls on 09.50 (17 mins 58 sec) and 14:44 (31 mins 17 sec) in regards to changes to my contract. I rejected the contract made on 09.50 after receiving the new contract details and accepted a new contract during the 14:44 call.

How I've been billed for the first contract at 09.50 even though I've very clearly rang up and rejected that contract at 14:44.

I have already requested the audio recording from dpo@virginmedia.co.uk

And and am currently on hold for the past hour with customer services waiting to deal with it, today is day 14 so I would like to cancel the contract within my cooling off period which expires today or get hold of them to get my agreed contract put through.

What is my recourse here? As obviously we agreed to a different contract to the one I am now on, I was meant to be on MB100 for £27 a month until 2023 but instead I'm on MB200 for a whopping £64 a month which I never agreed to.

I was meant to get a discount on the MB200 at £36 a month but the discount when the contract went through immediately expired putting me at £64 which is why I called and rejected an negotiated the other contract.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi ercarlton,

I am sorry for any confusion over the billing, 

I've had a look at things our side and it does seem like you've been able to resolve this.

Any further questions please let us know.

Alex_Rm

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

ercarlton
Joining in
As note the calls were on the 14th of April both.

ercarlton
Joining in

The matter was resolved after customer services picked up and saw that the logs were there for the 14:44 contract and changed it to that and corrected this months billing.

So I am now on the agreed upon contract for anyone else facing a similair issue.

They said it can take 24 hours to update and details of the new contract to come through via email so will keep you posted if they actually got it right this time.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @ercarlton,

Thanks for the update on this, sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Please do let us know how it goes.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

The contract has now been correctly updated which I'm please with, though this months bill has once again come through incorrectly even though I was told it had been corrected by two customer service agents yesterday. So I will have to get back on the phone again to correct that which as you can imaigne is a pain since it should be a simple matter after four phone calls.

On to phone call number five.

Hi ercarlton,

I am sorry for any confusion over the billing, 

I've had a look at things our side and it does seem like you've been able to resolve this.

Any further questions please let us know.

Alex_Rm

100% it is all sorted.

Great to hear,

Thanks for confirming 🙂

Alex_Rm