cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bargain........i think

clarkey39
Dialled in

Just been upgraded to 1gb broadband, full TV package and an O2 sim for £69 a month. Comes with HUB4 and free postage and activation..........oh and some new remote for my tivo.

Am i right in thinking that this is a good deal?

10 REPLIES 10

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @clarkey39 

It's been a while. Hope your tellytablet is still working.

If I were you I'd double check the new contract by logging into My Virgin Media. It sounds like a great deal.

You mentioned a new remote for your TIVO.  Are you being upgraded to a 360 box? Or is just a replacement remote?

If you are upgrading your box and have a TIVO then the box will be swapped out for 360.

If you have a V6 box then you just do an over the air update when you receive the new remote. Either way if you are going onto a 360  you will lose all your recordings and series links so make a note of them.

You won't get your speed increase until you receive and activate the hub4. 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi Dave,

The tellytablet is still working a treat to be honest mate.......although i have probably jinxed it now 🤣

Yes, regarding the deal, i am having my V6 box upgraded to 360 over the air. Nice tip on the recording though thank you.

i have just read that the HUB4 does not support 1gb over WIFI because it is not wifi6, should i have waited for the HUB5 maybe?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @clarkey39 

I hope we haven't jinxed the tablet. 

The hub 5 isn't available for general release yet, it's  a phased rollout only open to certain customers.

There's a blog about it Digital-life/Hub-5-Our-first-ever-WiFi-6-broadband-router 

A good number of people testing it have asked to go back to their older hub due to some limitations which won't be addressed until they do a full rollout.

I'm not too wellup on the hub 4 capabilites but I know it doesn't support WiFi6.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

to be fair mate, looking into it, i dont think many of my devices support it either 😪

Ipad = Nope

Works Lappy = Nope

Own Lappy = Nope

Telly Tablet = Not Likely 😄

PS4 Pro = Nope

XBOX ONE S = Nope

thats just the important stuff ........think i will stick to giving the HUB4 a go.......hopefully it will improve the wifi signal a bit from the HUB3 👍

Plus when i want to make my mates green with envy, i can go ethernet and screen capture on lappy 😜 

Kain_W
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi clarkey39,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community!

I'm glad to see that you're interested in our Gig1 package!

Let us know how your service goes when upgraded.

Take care,

Kain

Hi Kain,

Yes no probelm, you will be the first to know........especially if i have any problems 😂

-tony-
Alessandro Volta

with an O2 sim you say - check the details as that might have its own charge of £25 - theres a few posts on here where that fact was not made clear to the user when they changed their package

Tony.
Sacked VIP

Thanks Tony,

Yes i was quite insistent on the phone. We went over this several times. The O2 charge will be £10 and the Virgin part will be £59

Will certainly be keeping an eye on it though cheers

What a shock..........Data allowance has just reset on o2 app and i only have 5gb for the month not 10gb.......there is always something isnt there 🙄

On to VM BOT now. Will report back............