cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Bank details over the phone

jamesdernie
Joining in

I called when my contract was coming to an end and VM offered me a new deal with an O2 simcard. I wanted the deal but the man on the phone wanted me to give him my bank account and sort code over the phone, then ask me how long I'd lived at my address and so on. I would happily fill in a form online but I will not EVER give all of this on a telephone call so I told him this was unacceptable and hung up.

I was pretty confident it was actually VM, I rang them form the number on the email they sent me to remind me my deal was going up, but still. I was really cross they asked for those details rather than sending me a form to do in a secure area online.

5 REPLIES 5

darren282
Joining in

I too had the same experience on Monday evening when enquiring about change of package as my 18 months contract is up next month. Zaldy who i comminicated with, initially on Virgin Media, then on Whatsapp offered me a £44pm upgrade to Volt 350 inc a 5MB O2 sim doubled to 10 as part of the deal. When on the whatsapp he asked me for bank details, I said Virgin already had it. He got quite defensive and thanked me for my time. I still don't know whether this new package is "coming" as he said an email would be sent out but still waiting.

This Volt upgrade is still not showing in my Virgin Media account, three days on.

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hello @jamesdernie,

Welcome, thanks for posting.

I am sorry for the issues with your new deal.

Can you please tell me if you have managed to do this through our texting service instead? - 0753 305 1809.  Can you please confirm the email and number you was speaking to us on? For example the last 4 digits of the number and screenshot of the email sent to you? Remove any personal information from the photo before posting.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

jamesdernie_0-1655999023686.pngThe telephone number ended with 1111.

I didn't progress this.

Another thing i found odd was the use of the WhatsApp chat, sometimes it gives you tow options such as:

1)Yes

2)No

and it doesn't accept either 1 or yes as a response!!

Thanks

James

Hayley_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thanks for this @jamesdernie, this number is ours.

You would of been safe to provide these details on this number, but I understand why you was not certain.

It is better to be safe than sorry.

Many thanks,

Hayley
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Virgin pass on the direct debit details to O2 when they set up Volt , but pretty sure I was just asked are the details the same as you are using now on Virgin..