Menu
Highlighted
cspcar0
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

BBC i-player access, signing in

Went to watch MOTD last night on i-player but asked to Sign In. First time this has happened. Check virgin help but nothing on signing in. Very late so didn't want to go online so left it and went to bed. Today went to watch recorded streamed programme through i-player and again asked to Sign In. Phoned 150 and after a lot of debate was told new bbc process and requested to follow instructions while still on phone. Entered 8 digit code from screen and got message from bbs site saying all done. Guy on phone said now wait but after waiting some time I asked should I go Back on tv screen, he said yes. Of course by doing this I was given a new different 8 digit code.Pressed TV on remote, nothing happenned so pressed Home, box crashed and signal lost. It eventually rebooted. I then signed in again on bbc with new i digit code but still nothing even though waited much longer. After 40 minutes on the phone the guy escalated the problrm and came back on told me to phone the bbc and to get the number from google. 

I use i-player a lot and have never had to Sign In before. Not impressed as can't watch streamed recordings or missed bbc programmes.

Help please.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: BBC i-player access, signing in

The BBC iPlayer is now like Netflix - you have to register and sign in.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/help/how-to-guides/sign-in/connected_tv_sign_in

0 Kudos