cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Awful customer service

Wolton8er
Tuning in

Pretty sure I'm not the only one to have issues with the awful customer service from virgin.

Basically I took out virgin and was told by the sales team I wouldn't need someone to come out and install my broadband as we have all the correct connections going into my property.

Our virgin Box came and didn't work so I had to wait over the long queen bank holiday for someone to come out and fix it, he got it working but left loads of exposed wires out of our wall, like the photo shows, he then said he would call back to make another appointment.

After a week of no calls I called virgin up and he had booked it without telling us for a day we're weren't available, I had to rebook it for another day.

The day came and I booked the day off work to wait in only for him not to show up, I tried to call the virgin customer service and instead of trying to help they passed me around between multiple different agents for over an hour, after many call backs someone finally rebooked it for two weeks time.

And now today I see they've charged me again for this months bill even though I paid it 5 days ago, I contacted virgin and explained I need that money back in my bank account for other bills coming out, the girl apologised and said it will be back in my account tomorrow.

Only for an hour ago I get a message that the extra charge has been added as a credit to my account, I then had the displeasure of calling virgins customer support only to once again be passed around with no one helping me, one person even put me on hold then put me through to set up a business account.

As it stands I still haven't got my money back which was taken without any permission.

If this continues i will have to cancel this account or speak to which as this is afwul service.

IMG-20220712-WA0009.jpg

3 REPLIES 3

FedUpCustomer6
Dialled in

You certainly aren't alone, standard customer service from VM I'm afraid.

This might be of interest:

We’ll automatically credit your bill for fixed phone line and broadband issues, no matter if you’re a new or existing customer. Here’s how much we’ll credit you for the following service issues:

• £8.40 per day for a total loss of service after 2 full working days from registering the loss of service to us
  • £5.25 per day if we don’t install your services on the promised day until installation’s completed
  • £26.24 if we don’t turn up on the promised day of an appointment

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

FedUpCustomer6
Dialled in

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/billing-and-payments/automatic-compensation

• £26.24 if we don’t turn up on the promised day of an appointment

Lee_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Wolton8er thanks for posting and welcome to our community.

Sorry to hear that you've had a poor installation, customer service and billing experience.  I would like to take a closer look on your behalf.  I am going to send you a private message.  Please look out for the purple envelope in the top right of your screen.

Regards

Lee_R