cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Contract Renewal

Louise515
On our wavelength

Hi

I'm used to having my broadband-only contract automatically renewed annually, but this year VM has apparently given me a new contract (via the post) and which is now for 18 months. How has that happened? I'm concerned because I'm likely to have to change my address at some point within the 18-month period and I don't want to be penalised. Also, there's a good chance a new address won't have access to fibre broadband, but I'll have to wait and see.

Louise

13 REPLIES 13

Louise515
On our wavelength

Hello Tom

Well, I got this message on Monday not long (2 weeks) after having had a conversation with Carley_S:

"Unsolicited Private Message

Hi,

You're receiving this message as you recently sent a private message to one of our staff members.

Although we love you to get in touch, could we please request you not send Private Messages to members of the Help and Support Team unless specifically requested, as we are unable to provide direct support in this manner.

If you have not already done so, could you please post a new thread in the Forums and we'll respond as soon as we can. In the meantime other members of the community may be able to provide assistance.

Kind regards,

Community Moderators"

Louise

Hi Louise, thanks for your reply.

I apologise for this - Carley would have felt the message was unsolicited at that point in time, potentially due to the fact it may have not been related to your topic of conversation with her.

This will also have been reviewed by our Moderators to ensure they agreed with Carley's opinion. If they thought your PM wasn't unsolicited, they would have asked Carley to respond.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Louise515
On our wavelength

Well it was Carley who got my address corrected and that's what triggered the contract renewal issue. Not getting a response back meant I had to start the new 'Automatic Contract Renewal' thread instead of just being able to ask her to do it. It's all been such an unnecessary rigmarole.

Louise

Hi Louise, thanks for your reply - I do apologise.

Please be assured I'll feed this back for you internally to avoid further confusion. 

In the meantime, I'm glad I've been able to get everything sorted for you as confirmed via our correspondence on PM.

Many thanks

Tom_W