cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Contract Renewal

Louise515
On our wavelength

Hi

I'm used to having my broadband-only contract automatically renewed annually, but this year VM has apparently given me a new contract (via the post) and which is now for 18 months. How has that happened? I'm concerned because I'm likely to have to change my address at some point within the 18-month period and I don't want to be penalised. Also, there's a good chance a new address won't have access to fibre broadband, but I'll have to wait and see.

Louise

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Louise515 thanks for your post here in the Community, although I'm sorry to hear if your concerns raised.

This is a strange one, as it would appear that contract you received via the post, is just a confirmation - this is only actioned once it's been discussed with an agent.

Due to the circumstances, please allow me to send you a PM to look into this further for you, and respond directly when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Louise515 thanks for your post here in the Community, although I'm sorry to hear if your concerns raised.

This is a strange one, as it would appear that contract you received via the post, is just a confirmation - this is only actioned once it's been discussed with an agent.

Due to the circumstances, please allow me to send you a PM to look into this further for you, and respond directly when you can!

Many thanks

Tom_W

Louise515
On our wavelength

Hello again Tom_W1

So today I've received a bill from VM 'Looks like you've made some changes' which charged me £42.75 including £1.75 'charges and credits' and on page 2 charged me £4.10 then credited me £4.10 and a net £1.75 charge on page 3. I haven't changed anything! What's going on? I'm confused!

Louise

Travis_M
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Louise515

Thank you for your reply and good afternoon to you.

Sorry to hear about the mishap with your bill, is the bill you received not in line with the package price? The bill breakdown should offer some reasoning behind the £1.75 charges if you look further into the bill. Are you able to find this?

Regards

Travis_M
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi

I addressed the query to Tom_W1 because I've been having a private conversation with him concerning some issues. I really don't want to spend a lot of my time repeating myself over and over.

Louise

Hi Louise515, thanks for the message. 

The £1.75 charge will be for paper billing, can you confirm if you have switched to this recently.

Chris

No, I haven't

Where is Tom_W1?

Louise

Hi @Louise515 thanks for your post here in the Community.

When your posts are public, they are delegated to the next available agent in the queue - as much as we'd like to, we can't always pick up posts when necessary but we can always pick up our private messages!

I appreciate our interaction was over with as your query was dealt with, but I'm going to send you a PM now to open up our conversation again and clear security.

Please expect this PM to arrive shortly and respond when you can.

Many thanks

Tom_W

Louise515
On our wavelength

Just to mention... When I tried to send a PM previously, I got told off for sending an unsolicited email. My last PM to you went unanswered. I don't see any other way to contact an individual forum team member.

Louise

Hi @Louise515 thanks for your reply.

Just for the benefits of all users in this thread and yourself for future, you can PM a certain member of staff if they have been dealing with your related issue and you have another query about this (which you did in this instance).

An unsolicited PM, is messaging an individual agent when months have passed since last interaction or it's about a completely unrelated topic.

In order to operate efficient ways of working, if you have any further concerns that are unrelated to this particular issue or a lot of time has passed, kindly open a new thread or re-post on here and a colleague (or myself, if it's assigned to me) will pick this up in due course.

We are all trained equally and all on the same team, so this goes without saying we'll do our best to get whatever it is resolved for you ASAP 🙂

I appreciate we have exchanged PM's on your issue re-raised here and I'm glad we can get this sorted for you, apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Many thanks

Tom_W