Menu
FearMor
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Authorising my wife to talk to you

When my wife tried to discuss a problem with our broadband with Virgin Media, they refused to discuss it despite the fact that our account is in joint names. I want to authorise Virgin Media to allow my wife as well as myself to discuss and manage my Virgin Media account in my absence. How do I set about doing this?

0 Kudos
Jeni
Up to speed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Authorising my wife to talk to you

Our account is in my husband's name but I am usually the one that deals with any queries etc.  We were asked to set up a password on the account and as long as I use that I have no problems in dealing with any technical issues, account queries etc.   So I guess the easiest thing is to phone VM and set one up on yours too,

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin Media accounts are only in 1 name. Using the password that should of been set up as Jeni suggested would be the way to bypass security. Or the named account holder (going by your story, that is you and not her) would need to call up, pass security and then pass the phone over.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi FearMor,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community.

I'm really sorry to hear that your wife has had trouble speaking to our team regarding the account, and I can appreciate you're keen to make sure she is able to discuss this in future. 

In these cases, as long as your wife has the memorable word that has been set up, then she would be able to discuss the account, and any technical faults that you're having.

I hope this helps, please let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.

Thanks,

Melissa_F

0 Kudos
Tattybogal
Joining in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Would this also let my wife make payments via telephone even if the account is not in her name but she knows the password?? Thanks

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Once security is passed she could I believe yes. Potentially would just need you to say something like ‘I authorise you to talk to my wife’ after passing security and giving her the phone after that.

Could even work with just knowing the password.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Forum Team (Retired) Ben_N
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tattybogal,

In this instance she would be able to make payments on the account yes. 

Thanks

Ben_N