cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attempt to cancel my account via phone call

Vpozew1965
Joining in

My multiple attempts to cancel my Virgin account via phone call were unsuccessful I've realized it after almost a month of waiting for a conformation letter of it instead I got a monthly bill. The customer service agreed that service is cancelled but in reality isn't. I got the same issue like other customers of Virgin, I don't know if it would help to write a letter to customer service or switch off DD or anything else. I see that this simple service is a real issue for customers of Virgin. I. Hope that someone from Virgin pays  attention to the issue of this service and not create a headache for us.

6 REPLIES 6

Andrew-G
Alessandro Volta

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Managing-Your-Account-Cable/Cancellation/m-p/4991393/highlight/...

Don't cancel the direct debit - VM won't care, won't react, other than the systems put your account into the bad debt process, resulting in your credit history being ruined.  The fact that it may be VM's fault for failure to process the cancellation will be of little consolation if it takes you hours to sort things out, or if a few years down the line you have a mortgage, loan, credit card or service refused due to black marks on your credit history.

Hi Vpozew1965

A warm welcome and thanks for posting on our community forums. We are disappointed to hear that you've had trouble cancelling your account with us.

We do appreciate the wait times are longer than expected, as we are particularly bust at the present time. 

Unfortunately, we are unable to process cancellations from our community forums and as our valued member @Andrew-G had advised, by cancelling your direct debit, this will not cancel your services. 

You will need to speak to our cancellations team directly. You can call them on 0345 454 1111 option 1,4 then 4 again, by messaging us on 0753 305 1809, using WhatsApp service 0730 532 7112.
If you wish to write to us with you cancellation request you can do so at the address here 

Virgin Media 
Sunderland
SR43 4AA.

Kind regards Jodi. 

This information is not helpful for me and everyone who struggle to cancel a Virgin Media account because I tried to do everything possible except writing a letter. I tried messaging today recently, and I've spent 2 hours without success. Only thing left is to write the letter but there is now only a small hope that it will work.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Vpozew1965

Thank you for getting back to us. 

I am afraid it is a dedicated team who process the disconnections so the line can be busy at times. We would always recommend calling as early in the day as possible. 

If you decide to cancel via writing, please ensure the letter is dated as this will be taken in to account when processing the request. 

Thanks 

Nat

I don't understand why I have to do other methods of cancellation, customer services already ensured me that it was cancelled but in reality it was not. Of course I will try, my last attempt to write the letter, but if that doesn't help I will open a case in court.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for your reply Vpozew1965. 

I am very sorry if the account has not been disconnected following previous requests, this is not the level of service we expect to deliver. 

If you wish to raise a complaint regarding your experience, we would recommend taking a look at our code of practice here

Thank you. 

Nat